Its Not Good Business To Do Business With HTM >

Its Not Good Business To Do Business With HTM

Notices

Its Not Good Business To Do Business With HTM

Old 09-01-2002, 11:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Waterfoul
[B]Since when has Indianappolis been a hotbed of offshore boats???? Or manufacturers?? I've been to Indy MANY times and don't know of ANY water you could run my little 24 Baja in. And there are NO (at least to my knowledge) boat builders in Indy. So, MrOffshoreless, how is it you know so much??? You have asked Tinkerboater to tell you how he knows so much (and he does by the way as I have worked with him on SEVERAL projects on SEVERAL offshore boats) but you have not given us any indication that you actually know anything at all about boats except to badmouth nearly anyone who says they do. Fess up pal or go away.

I agree can you answer this question ?

{QUOTE} And yes...as a matter of fact I am Lord of the Offshore...not self-proclaimed; rather the chosen one.
Old 09-02-2002, 01:26 PM
scottr

Waterfoul,

I guess you have not ventured very far around Indy when you have visited. Two places to run a fast boat... Geist and Morse Lakes. No way compares to Great Lakes, East or West Coasts offshore, but us farmers and hicks still manage to get a few kicks out of running in our mud ponds until we trailer to somewhere interesting.

PS - No boat builders in Indy. Lots of engine builders, race teams, fabrication and design shops and a little speedway run by a guy named Tony.

ScottR

Old 11-29-2003, 10:04 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow!!! Lost a day off my life reading this thread, so he got $500 back, did he get the rest?
I will reserve my opinion on the matter.

I was just curious on what the final verdict/cause was of the HTM 149 MPH crash that took those lives, so I did a search?
Bored here, winter sucks....
Bryan
Old 11-29-2003, 10:50 PM
B38
Registered

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Depends on what stage they where in on Building the boat, If any. I belive as a builder of all typs of boats that if you SPECIAL order a Boat/vessal/iceboat/blowboat of any kind and back out of it after just 1 week, forget it. Loose your money.
I as a builder just ordered all this special crap just for your buildout and you Bail.
I don't think SO!.
I have lost my @@S more than once returning money for jerks with impulse buying habits. My 2 cents B3
Attached Thumbnails Its Not Good Business To Do Business With HTM-bimini-sunset.jpg  
Old 11-30-2003, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally posted by enticer
Put this to rest ...PLEASE.......can there be euthanasia for a post
where is POOF the majic dragon
Old 11-30-2003, 09:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

THEY COULD ONLY SPEAK BROKEN ENGLISH
I looked at a custom built boat co. before not this one but anoither and the same all the workers were unable to answer my questions in english. So I backed off and bought another boat
Old 11-30-2003, 11:37 AM
Registered

Please add me to the blithering idiot list Mr Offshore Lord. It is clear by your demeanor you have not been in a leadership role concerning technical or skilled craftsmen. Maybe more of an accounting background?
Anyone who has lead and directed technical people will tell you that the result obtained will be in direct correlation to the technical leadership. I do not know HTM or their staff, I do know leadership and agree with Tinkerers statements. In more general terms, technical leadership is akin to say leadership in the NFL. There are certain coaches you can plug into almost any team and within a relatively short period time, be playoff material. The same is true of the results (read quality) obtain in manufacturing, any manufacturing.

It is entirely possible that this change in leadership at HTM will result is a higher quality boat from this company, I have no facts. Tinkerers point was that it will change, not that it will change for the worst, you read that into what was written.

Dave
Old 11-30-2003, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by open72
where is POOF the majic dragon
HTM is not a forum sponsor, so the thread will probably not get poofed

Scott B

There, that was ez
Old 11-30-2003, 11:57 AM
JKK
Registered

It is the same on most things, regardless of a contract or not. I have seen it many times in the car industry, if they do not buy the item, they will always get there money back, so just give it back and everyone will be happy.....

Like HTM needed 2K anyway, better to keep your rep then screw over one consumer..

JK
Old 11-30-2003, 02:10 PM
Registered

Default Re: DEPOSIT

Originally posted by ROCK STAR
I FELT COMPELLED TO SPEAK OUT ONLY AFTER EVER OPPORTUNITY FOR THE CO. TO DO THE RIGHT THING.

I THINK ITS PRETTY SIMPLE. I GAVE THEM A $2000.00 DEPOSIT TO BE IN LINE FOR PRODUCTION. I CHANGED MY MIND, ASKED FOR MY MONEY BACK. THEY REFUSED. I TOOK THEM TO COURT AND I WON.

PAY UP AND MOVE ON I DONT UNDERSTAND. IS $2300.00 GOING TO PUT HIGH TORQUE MARINE OUT OF BUSINESS?
I thought thats what a deposit was? If you dont want it, you dont get it back. Also, you take them to court. Explain you have not recieved the money. Judge says "what is your bank account number" to the owner. He will have to give it, and you take it to the bank and they will transfer the funds.

Sounds good dosent it....We got screwed, bastard has everything in his wifes name. This has happened to him a few times.

Quick Reply: Its Not Good Business To Do Business With HTM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.