Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Its Not Good Business To Do Business With HTM >

Its Not Good Business To Do Business With HTM

Notices

Its Not Good Business To Do Business With HTM

Old 08-22-2002, 12:23 AM
ROCK STAR

SCARAB,

THERE WAS NO CONTRACT SIGNED. DO YOU KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THE LAW THAT THE JUDGE DOES NOT OR ARE BASING YOUR DECISON ON EMOTION.

Old 08-22-2002, 12:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes I do, and no, I'm not.

As for the Judge, I have seen courts buy some stupid **** in the past... (look in dictionary under O.J.)

I'm not tryin' to flame anyone, but I thought I might have missed something.
Old 08-22-2002, 12:41 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Is it an apealable decision? If so maybe this is not over yet???

Jon
Old 08-22-2002, 01:13 AM
ROCK STAR

AUDIO,

THEY COULD HAVE APPEALED WITHIN THE THIRTY DAYS AFTER THE DECISION. THEY CHOOSE NOT TO.

Old 08-22-2002, 01:14 AM
ROCK STAR

SCARAB,

POINT WELL TAKEN. HOWEVER THE JUDGE LISTENED TO BOTH SIDES, LIA COULUMBE (PRESIDENT OF HIGH TORQUE MARINE) AND ME (THE CUSTOMER). AFTER GATHERING THE FACTS THE JUDGE FOUND IN MY FAVOR. ITS NOT LIKE THERE WERE FORENSICS INVOLVED.

THE JUDGE ORDERED HIGH TORQUE MARINE TO RETURN MY DEPOSIT PLUS COURT COSTS. THEY HAVE NOT PAID, SO ITS NOW ACRUING DAILY INTEREST.

Last edited by ROCK STAR; 08-22-2002 at 01:56 AM.

Old 08-22-2002, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

scarab-courts-stupid ****--if i remember correctly it was a jury that let oj off--the bottom line is HTM owes this guy his money and they are stiffing him-not a good business practice--just my 02
Old 08-22-2002, 08:24 AM
Registered

You can now have a court official usually the sheriff cease assets. I have done this a few times. Most recently with a member of this board. You file witht he court tohave collection proceedings take place and they will cease bank accounts and or other assets, liquidate the non-cash assets and return your money. It is my understanding that tangible assets other than funds can not be given to you. They have to be sold first and cash tendered.
Old 08-22-2002, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The good news is that judicial interest is about as high a return on an investment as you are gonna get anywhere.
Old 08-22-2002, 09:54 AM
CRUBOSS

DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH. NOW A DAY PEOPLE DON'T CARE ABOUT JUDGMENT FROM THE COURT. REPUTATION MEANS VERY LITTLE ANYMORE. MY EX-WIFE WORKS IN THE COURTS. SHE TOOK ALOT OF MY MONEY. I HAD TO TAKE HER TO COURT DURING THE DIVORCE TO GET SOME OF IT BACK, SHE AGREED ON THE AMOUNT. AND THE COURTS AGREED WITH ME.. I STILL AM WAITING FOR THE FIRST DIME. SOME PEOPLE DON'T CARE. YOU CAN BAD MOUTH THEM ALL YOU WANT. THEY JUST SIT BACK AND WAIT FOR THE NEXT SUCKER TO COME DOWN THE BLOCK THAT HAS NO IDEA... AND THAT IS WHAT REALY BITES !

Old 08-22-2002, 09:54 AM
Registered

Hey, Rockstar, I can understand that maybe all that high decibel music has damaged your hearing, but the rest of us out here are OK (translation - how's about going easy on the CAPS - looks like you're yelling)

BTW - welcome to the board...

Quick Reply: Its Not Good Business To Do Business With HTM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.