If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Smile Can't wait until I grow up and become rich!

I am looking forward to the day when I have enough money to pay someone to work on my boat. I will sit in the cockpit drinking beer listening to music asking, "are you about done back there yet?" Today was one of my last minute thrashing sessions before the big weekend ( header repair, oil changes, plugs:24 of them, a disassemble entire motor to get to loose center motor bearing carrier on the gimble ) Its like a WCW "Raw is War" when you get in that engine compartment. Then I'm just fumming over this loose housing and having to take all of these parts off to tighten two bolts; A guy that has apparently been waiting for fuel in his boat at the dock says " Are you going to get out of there anytime soon to fuel my boat up ". No I may be dirty and angry, but I don't work here, this is my boat. I'm definately one of the few at my marina that performs his own service. Midnight
    Attached Images Attached Images

speel chekk this fokker! Charter Member puder's Avatar
    My Boats:
    27' Scarab
    Locust Valley, New York
    ya know if you went with twins instead of tripps you might be able to save a little coin
    Pardon me, while I whip this out!

My Boats:
    1995 Nova Spyder
    Maximo FLA

Can't wait until I grow up

and have 3 V-8 engine's in the back!

3 motors isnt going to get you any sympathy from me. Unless you want to free up some space and send me the middle one

OffshoreOnly Antagonizer VIP Member Phknlwyr's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1981 Sears inflatable, twin oars
    Bethesda, Maryland
    Sorry, can't relate. If, however, the crack of your ass was peeking above your jeans in the picture above, I would not only give you my sympathy but my underwear after I pee in my pants laughing.
    "Kevin, prepare for the summer."

-Mr. Sorkin, 10th Grade Geometry teacher

Gold Member Gold Member Turbojack's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2003 Eliminator 30' Daytona
    Houston, TX, USA
    When you become rich enought to get someone to work on your boat you will be right back on OSO *****in about the poor work the guy you hired to fix your boat is doing. Like after he got done with tighten up 2 bolts & left 4 other ones loose in getting the orginal 2 tight.l
    Last edited by Turbojack; 08-28-2002 at 06:09 PM.

Charter Member #1528 Charter Member RiverGirl's Avatar
    Originally posted by Phknlwyr
    Sorry, can't relate. If, however, the crack of your ass was peeking above your jeans in the picture above, I would not only give you my sympathy but my underwear after I pee in my pants laughing.
    That's Funny!

Turbo.... You are sooooooo right!

My Boats:
    2017 30 Concept, 300 Verados, Superboat Y2k and 24OS (sold)
    LaPlata, MD, USA
    No problem, let's trade boats. Plenty of room to work on mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That I like, clean as a hospital, with a dance floor around it. The only thing tough to change on those setups I would think is a starter. But you probably wont even own it by the time that roles around. Power makes for fun fast boating, but it definately requires attention at every turn. I have had great luck with my motors, but I do work on them constantly. Maintenance is where I think allot of boats become unreliable. Guys buy power who are not necessarily mechanics, and they are unable to recognise maintenace issuses until they become major problems. Even if I could afford to pay someone to work on my boat, I love the fact that I know how to do it myself. I'm not saying I am a machinist, I leave that to an engine builder, but I can keep it running. I love to ***** when I am sweatin' and swearin' in that engine compartment, but I would be board with out it. MIdnight

My Boats:
    95 Wellcraft Nova
    Can't wait to be rich?? a "Fountain"???????

I can't wait to be rich enough to ***** about having twins!