Progression27 I/O Whippled Merc 525efi IMCO scx4

Notices

Progression27 I/O Whippled Merc 525efi IMCO scx4

Old 11-10-2014, 09:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by pro27
Thanks Smarty good point Mercury and Herring slip calculators actually have me going faster,so that's why I'm still working on set up,let's see what happens,I haven't even tried playing with different props yet,FYI my prop is 32 pitch 16.5 dia merc cnc 5 blade clever,1.5 gear ratio. Thanks again
The one thimg that the speed doubters should rethink is that propeller you have, that alone might be worth 2-4 mph over a Maximus or Bravo style propeller, and with that added speed comes cost, a propeller like that per this article I hi-jacked,

"Mercury Racing offers its five- and six-blade CNC Cleaver propellers, all of which come standard with a gleaming Pro Finish, in versions rated for 600-, 900-, 1,200-, and 1,500-hp engine applications. Priced at $5,800 apiece for the five-blade models and $6,800 apiece for their six-blade siblings, the 14-1/2- to 18-inch-diameter props in pitch sizes (the theoretical distance a propeller can move a boat forward in a single rotation) from 26 to 42 inches. Rake angles of 15, 18, and 21 degrees are offered for various applications, though 15- and 18-degree wheels are the most popular choices."

The right propeller makes a world of difference.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
The one thimg that the speed doubters should rethink is that propeller you have, that alone might be worth 2-4 mph over a Maximus or Bravo style propeller, and with that added speed comes cost, a propeller like that per this article I hi-jacked,

"Mercury Racing offers its five- and six-blade CNC Cleaver propellers, all of which come standard with a gleaming Pro Finish, in versions rated for 600-, 900-, 1,200-, and 1,500-hp engine applications. Priced at $5,800 apiece for the five-blade models and $6,800 apiece for their six-blade siblings, the 14-1/2- to 18-inch-diameter props in pitch sizes (the theoretical distance a propeller can move a boat forward in a single rotation) from 26 to 42 inches. Rake angles of 15, 18, and 21 degrees are offered for various applications, though 15- and 18-degree wheels are the most popular choices."

The right propeller makes a world of difference.
I agree I have a set on order from hill so I guess we'll see exactly what the difference is from my set up props. Still love what pro27 is trying and sincerely wish him the best. I also still hold to my statement about the south shore and speed numbers they just have created such a dishonest atmosphere over there that without passing me I just have a hard time excepting there word as gospel. However with that said on paper pro27 calculations are leaning toward plausible. I am though a firm believer in its performance boating and that's not done on a computer. See you on the water Pro27 and when you pass me I prom you I'll put it in print and throw in all the bells and whistles!!!!!!!!! ��
Old 11-11-2014, 07:59 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OMNI I am not looking for anything from you,also not trying to impress you.I put this up to give people another option for repowering.I am seeing increased speed and great handling,this is for info not bragging rights honestly I no longer care if I see you out there or not, you can go by me all day for all I care keep your bells and whistles!!!
Old 11-11-2014, 08:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pro27
OMNI I am not looking for anything from you,also not trying to impress you.I put this up to give people another option for repowering.I am seeing increased speed and great handling,this is for info not bragging rights honestly I no longer care if I see you out there or not, you can go by me all day for all I care keep your bells and whistles!!!
Oh pro27 it's performance boating just ribbing you a bit! Geesh such thin skin come on we all can read its a great option and you've got a great boat......... I still want to see you fly it by me and not for ego purposes but for the love of performance boating and for scientific proof to go along with the thread.......
Old 11-13-2014, 06:19 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

[ATTACH=CONFIG]532540[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Progression27 I/O Whippled Merc 525efi IMCO scx4-image.jpg  
Old 11-14-2014, 08:45 PM
Registered

Saw you guys go out the other day and heard some passes being made....boat sounded sicckkkk.....
Old 11-14-2014, 10:07 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by GEORGE YURICK
Saw you guys go out the other day and heard some passes being made....boat sounded sicckkkk.....
Thanks George,some fine tuning see if there's a little more left,very happy with it. What have you been up too?
Old 11-15-2014, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pro27, awesome job, that boat of yours is moving! You should have a pretty reliable rig as well. How is the torque steer with that big power single?

Omni, you need to learn to let things go...

Originally Posted by Indy
OL makes a 29 that's trying to reach these speeds and it's getting great press.

Some small boat builder from LI makes a great conventional hull product with excellent performance and it's just crickets.
The reason the 29 OL got such great press is because it's not only a very sharp looking boat, but its speed and performance is staggering for a simple stock/reliable Merc drivetrain... all in a turn-key package. You have to remember, these two boats you're comparing have almost the same running surface (within a few inches), yet the 29 OL is running at least 150 hp less (600 Merc) to achieve 100 mph. With equal power and running surface, the 29 OL is significantly faster than everything else out there. Also consider the 29 OL has completely dominated (and that's an understatement) the SVL class, even laden with massive parity restrictions. The hull is obviously very fast, but it also excels in the rough. In a nutshell, the 29 OL not only looks great, but it's a stellar performer with a simple turn-key package... It deserves the great press IMO.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SS930
Pro27, awesome job, that boat of yours is moving! You should have a pretty reliable rig as well. How is the torque steer with that big power single?

Omni, you need to learn to let things go...

The reason the 29 OL got such great press is because it's not only a very sharp looking boat, but its speed and performance is staggering for a simple stock/reliable Merc drivetrain... all in a turn-key package. You have to remember, these two boats you're comparing have almost the same running surface (within a few inches), yet the 29 OL is running at least 150 hp less (600 Merc) to achieve 100 mph. With equal power and running surface, the 29 OL is significantly faster than everything else out there. Also consider the 29 OL has completely dominated (and that's an understatement) the SVL class, even laden with massive parity restrictions. The hull is obviously very fast, but it also excels in the rough. In a nutshell, the 29 OL not only looks great, but it's a stellar performer with a simple turn-key package... It deserves the great press IMO.

SS930 what did I do now???? I run the same hull as Pro27 and have capitulated that he's got a stellar power and drive package!!!!! Yeah I bust his chops on speed that's just out of. Little jealousy and the fact I want to run him. However what did I do this time to garner mention??????
Old 11-15-2014, 09:12 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

SS930 I have power assist dual ram hydraulic steering,no feed back at all.IMCO did install a torque tab for me but that was to prevent blow out at high speed,and it worked.Did not want to go off point but,as far as the 29OL that is a stripped down race boat and yes it's fast I am running a full cabin with cushions porta potti and lots extras.I put this up for everyday boater like myself not the racer,oh yea and step bottoms need to watch out for those sudden turns which that model OL has done,just sayin.Also speeds vary greatly wth different power packages,as far as higher HP boat ran slower depending on who wrote the article! But again I'm not here to compare or boat bash.

Last edited by pro27; 11-15-2014 at 09:22 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.