Progression27 I/O Whippled Merc 525efi IMCO scx4 >

Progression27 I/O Whippled Merc 525efi IMCO scx4

Notices

Progression27 I/O Whippled Merc 525efi IMCO scx4

Old 11-15-2014, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pro27
SS930 I have power assist dual ram hydraulic steering,no feed back at all.IMCO did install a torque tab for me but that was to prevent blow out at high speed,and it worked.Did not want to go off point but,as far as the 29OL that is a stripped down race boat and yes it's fast I am running a full cabin with cushions porta potti and lots extras.I put this up for everyday boater like myself not the racer,oh yea and step bottoms need to watch out for those sudden turns which that model OL has done,just sayin.Also speeds vary greatly wth different power packages,as far as higher HP boat ran slower depending on who wrote the article! But again I'm not here to compare or boat bash.
Well said Pro27 and I concur however as Reggie Fountain would say its performance boating at the end of the day run what you brung cause everyone will tell you what they run but if they don't pass you it is what it is!

http://youtu.be/5E62JKU8E6I
Old 11-23-2014, 09:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

104 mph today, done for the winter to cold at 100 will try some props in the spring to see what happens.But I am very happy with the speed and handling we have achieved,thanks again to Progression Boats!!!!!!!!
Old 11-24-2014, 04:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 181 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by pro27
104 mph today, done for the winter to cold at 100 will try some props in the spring to see what happens.But I am very happy with the speed and handling we have achieved,thanks again to Progression Boats!!!!!!!!
That's one hell of an impressive number. I'm sure the cold air & water helped the power output somewhat, but that must have been cold as hell! Time to winterize her and put her away for the long cold winter. Besides, that will give you and Kevin some time to think about the next improvements! Keep up the good work!

Tom
Old 11-24-2014, 07:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
That's one hell of an impressive number. I'm sure the cold air & water helped the power output somewhat, but that must have been cold as hell! Time to winterize her and put her away for the long cold winter. Besides, that will give you and Kevin some time to think about the next improvements! Keep up the good work!

Tom
Yes it was very cold,already winterized,and yes the wheels are turning.Thanks Tom for the reply
Old 11-24-2014, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cold or not - 104 is sizzling. Congratulations.

The Lavey 28 evo runs a bit over 100 with an Ilmor 710 but- with a delicate Bravo 1XR.

The SCX chops about 8MPH off the top speed,of the same setup so this intriguing to me to look at the "4" perform.

That rig picked up speed with an NXT but lost handling.

Have you turned it aggressively yet at lower speed?

Thanks for all the posts.

Uncle Dave

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 11-24-2014 at 08:24 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:57 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Uncle Dave we picked up speed and handling with this gear case,boat makes turns like it is on rails it is unbelievable how we'll it runs.Again I am not comparing this to other boats just telling what I have experienced.I looked into the merc 700 NXT package but decided to go with this because it was less expensive and eliminated the NXT transmission which I believe makes my package more reliable and quicker.I highly recommend this package to anyone looking to up grade or repower.Also remember we are running a16.5" 5 blade CNC clever prop.

Last edited by pro27; 11-24-2014 at 09:00 PM.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pwraddr
The Whippled 525 makes around 750-770 I believe with the stage 2.
On the CP performance website they claim the mod is worth 750 ponies and an awesome 820 ft/lb.

http://www.cpperformance.com/p-13985...arger-kit.aspx

820 ft lb in a single engine boat shreds a bravo pretty quick.

flat out great combo you got here pro27

UD

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 11-25-2014 at 09:55 AM.
Old 12-12-2014, 08:53 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Just bringing this back to the top for comparison,and or conversation to Omnis thread.But I agree I can't compare in speed to a cat power for power,and size.[ATTACH=CONFIG]534231[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Progression27 I/O Whippled Merc 525efi IMCO scx4-image.jpg  
Old 12-12-2014, 11:01 PM
Registered

Nice set up Pro27, lots of R&D and it pays off. Been boating with outboards and inboards for over 40+ years ,cats and Vee's. That thing has some great slip numbers for a boat of that size, but again the diameter of prop,custom rake 5 blade, gear case, set back ,step pad bottom and boat balance has everything to do with it.

I like the hull design and pad, maybe not the newest design as the 29OL, but faster than most people think.

Bottom line is, WAVE, when you blow past Omni, he will appreciate it .

If I had the funds I'd do it, its a nice set up. Enjoy and thanks for sharing.
Old 12-12-2014, 11:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by r015
Nice set up Pro27, lots of R&D and it pays off. Been boating with outboards and inboards for over 40+ years ,cats and Vee's. That thing has some great slip numbers for a boat of that size, but again the diameter of prop,custom rake 5 blade, gear case, set back ,step pad bottom and boat balance has everything to do with it.

I like the hull design and pad, maybe not the newest design as the 29OL, but faster than most people think.

Bottom line is, WAVE, when you blow past Omni, he will appreciate it .

If I had the funds I'd do it, its a nice set up. Enjoy and thanks for sharing.
hey first I am a huge fan of innovation and thinking outside the box to give us all new options and Pro27 has put his time and money where his mouth is and that to me is to be commended. 2nd the boat is plain pretty and I like good looking boats. 3rd he better wave when he goes by and smile as well. Because if I get a chance to pass him I'm smiling & waving. 4th I've been told I can't beat any cats ive already taken down a 30' SuperBoat Tempest with twin 250XS's so now your it until I find the perfect cat I'm working to beat the baddest 27' Progression I know of........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.