Let's see your shelters or garage pic's >

Let's see your shelters or garage pic's

Notices

Let's see your shelters or garage pic's

Old 12-09-2015, 03:34 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CrownLPX
You forgot to show the fridge. Stocked for daaayyyysssss.
I try to keep a little inventory. You never know when someone will drop in...
Attached Thumbnails Let's see your shelters or garage pic's-untitled1.jpg   Let's see your shelters or garage pic's-untitled2.jpg   Let's see your shelters or garage pic's-untitled.jpg  

Let's see your shelters or garage pic's-untitled3.jpg  
Old 12-09-2015, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
It was listed for 17.5.......
Great deal
Old 12-09-2015, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
If you just put cars in it, it would hold 7 comfortably. You could shoehorn 4 more if you didnt want to walk between them. Fully insulated.forced air gas heat.R 17 garage doors. Will hold 70F in -15. Racecar gets two spots front to back has fab area and hoist. Boat goes down middle, Wifes car and Iroc front to back on right side. Shop is right outside the back door I'll never leave this place

Very cool
Old 12-09-2015, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you just put cars in it, it would hold 7 comfortably. You could shoehorn 4 more if you didnt want to walk between them. Fully insulated.forced air gas heat.R 17 garage doors. Will hold 70F in -15. Racecar gets two spots front to back has fab area and hoist. Boat goes down middle, Wifes car and Iroc front to back on right side. Shop is right outside the back door I'll never leave this place

Im from whitby and I think I'll start stalking you for an invite LMAO
Old 12-09-2015, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 218 Likes on 113 Posts

is the car lift resting on metal 2x4s? if so,why?

Last edited by boatnt; 12-09-2015 at 05:37 PM.
Old 12-09-2015, 08:22 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Like Sydwayz, I too stored a boat in one. I've built a "real" garage but still store a toyhauler in that 10 year old "tent". The main cover has a few small leaks now but was water tight for at least 4-5 years. The end zippers wore out and I had to replace both front, and back, after about 5 years.......the replacements are now 5 years old and are messed up again but for just a toyhauler I simply don't care. This was with ALOT of zip/unzip/zip/unzips.

One thing left out. These things pull moisture out of the ground in the summer like crazy. It would literally rain inside mine. I ended up putting a plastic layer down and then a thin layer of "stone dust" and it made a huge difference.

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Hugh,

I had one for a few years, and no issues. We don't get the snowfall you do, but even in several good storms, mine did fine. I do recommend the round top version though; as that's what I have experience with. I bought mine "used" as it came with the storage spot I was renting when I lived in the DC area. When I sold it do another OSO member years ago, it will still in sound condition.

Also, notice the ground contact area on the one pictured. You want the kind that flares out at the ground. This way the wind can blow through and around the structure. The alternative is the material wraps under the metal frame. This chafes against the ground, and also does not allow the structure to breathe as well.

But first, what do you mean by "permanent"? Or what does your locality or HOA mean by permanent? You could potentially do a pole barn, which does not require a foundation. These buildings are almost always classified as agricultural buildings, since all they are supporting is the outer frame's weight. There are no weight bearing beams or floors, etc. etc. Technically and literally, pole barns can be dismantled piece by piece pretty easily.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Sydways - I have 2 standing offers on the car. Im not selling and Im not building one for anyone either. I want to DRIVE this one.

Boatnt - Its an old Hydra Lift Model 27 that is the way they were made. they are welded to the base. I had it professionally installed. The installer said they were "way overbuilt" It is rated for 8000lbs He said he wouldnt hesitate to put 10K on it. I didnt set out to find that lift its just the way it worked out. Its an old school lift it has the big thick arms that go under the car to lift it. The car is so low I have to jack it up to get the arms under it which is a PITA. The newer lifts have low profile arms that will get under low cars but whatever.... Including installation I have $1400 into it total and he checked it all over made sure everything was good.I wired it up.

Stimleck - lol Im actually in Whitby. When I started on OSO in 2001 I lived in Oshawa right on Rossland Rd at Mary. In 2003 I moved to Whitby( edit - next town over on the north shore of Lake Ontario) but I never changed my profile. I bought this place specifically because its lot size (.5 acre) allowed me to build a shop of this size and it still has all city services. Im right by Optimist Park
Old 12-09-2015, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scagburner,

That's pretty awesome that you have a bathroom in your garage. Not having to deal with the weather elements when having to go to the bathroom.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet garage set up. You have the Fountain and Chevelle in the garage. Also the two post lift to work on your cars with. You think the same way I think have a garage be bigger than the house.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:43 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,217 Likes on 527 Posts

Sydways - I have 2 standing offers on the car. Im not selling and Im not building one for anyone either. I want to DRIVE this one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.