Let's see your shelters or garage pic's >

Let's see your shelters or garage pic's

Notices

Let's see your shelters or garage pic's

Old 01-09-2016, 05:58 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Capt nick any ballpark prices on those barns. Has anyone used these guys

Morton is close. Anyone have one built by them?

Last edited by byrideroffshore; 01-09-2016 at 06:03 AM.
Old 01-09-2016, 08:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]549457[/ATTACH]
Originally Posted by byrideroffshore
Capt nick any ballpark prices on those barns. Has anyone used these guys

Morton is close. Anyone have one built by them?
I have a Morton building 105x48x16 fully finish on the inside with in floor heat on three zones. Building withstood a tornado back in March 2012. All the Morton building in the area were the only ones still standing after the storm when thur area. They give a 80 mph wind guarantee but I think it is much higher. They thur bolt all the trusses to the uprights when building. Look on you tube there much greater details. Punch in morton buildings.
Attached Thumbnails Let's see your shelters or garage pic's-image.jpg  

Last edited by Wildman1; 01-09-2016 at 08:46 AM.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:22 AM
Registered

My Dad managed one of the top producing Morton Buildings offices here in Central Missouri for 30 years. They have a great product. You will find cheaper, but they have a quality product no question about it.

My Dad now is semi retired and builds a stockade building product which he also highly recommends alongside Morton Buildings.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Here some more
Attached Thumbnails Let's see your shelters or garage pic's-image.jpg   Let's see your shelters or garage pic's-image.jpg   Let's see your shelters or garage pic's-image.jpg  

Old 01-09-2016, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]549457[/ATTACH]
I have a Morton building 105x48x16 fully finish on the inside with in floor heat on three zones. Building withstood a tornado back in March 2012. All the Morton building in the area were the only ones still standing after the storm when thur area. They give a 80 mph wind guarantee but I think it is much higher. They thur bolt all the trusses to the uprights when building. Look on you tube there much greater details. Punch in morton buildings.
Did you price steel buildings when you had yours done? Morton does build a great looking building but I can beat them every time with pre-engineered steel and steel will have higher wind and snow loads. Morton is the only wood frame manufacture I can do this with though. Just curious if this is the case in other locations.

Last edited by RebarBox; 01-09-2016 at 05:17 PM.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by RebarBox
Did you price steel buildings when you had yours done? Morton does build a great looking building but I can beat them every time with pre-engineered steel and steel will have higher wind and snow loads. Morton is the only wood frame manufacture I can do this with though. Just curious if this is the case in other locations.
No I didn't price steel buildings. I was pretty much set on Morton after studying them for over six months. It is not a typical pole buildings as it is sitting on 4 foot foundations walls with J bolts imbedded in concrete. L brackets thur bolted to uprights. Floor is pour on top of foundation walls with a preform drain running 64ft in center. The drain is center 24 ft in from door and back wall.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:23 PM
Registered

I have no idea how much one costs. Wish I could have one though. I've driven buy and seen the Morton and FBI buildings. Don't know the owners that have them though.
Old 01-10-2016, 06:48 AM
Registered

Great info guys, looking to put one at the house ..did the floor heat workout? I'm in ohio.
Old 01-10-2016, 10:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by byrideroffshore
Great info guys, looking to put one at the house ..did the floor heat workout? I'm in ohio.
Yes it is. I keep the thermostat at 52 degrees and work in there in shirt sleeves during the winter. Remember heat rises up from the floor. I also pickup 3-4 degrees from the t-8 bulbs. I am in the process of changing over to LED bulbs in the lights. I have 64 fixtures in 4 rows on two switches total amount of bulbs 256. As the old bulbs burn out I replace them with LEDs.

Last edited by Wildman1; 01-10-2016 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-10-2016, 10:10 AM
Registered

Great. Sounds like plenty of light...use the t5 lights in race shop..led stuff still pricey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.