Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
you joined today to say this!
Spammer
Old 12-12-2014, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

I tell the guys at work, that give me chit about my, Escalade, V, Corvette, Supra, Boat, sleds, ect. to sell their kids and dump the wife and and you can live like me.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 92nsx
I tell the guys at work, that give me chit about my, Escalade, V, Corvette, Supra, Boat, sleds, ect. to sell their kids and dump the wife and and you can live like me.
Yeah, if I dropped the wife, kids, mortgage, etc, I could go buy the whole package. Wouldn't trade my favorite boating companions for anything, though. The ace in the hole is that my youngest is almost 11 and I'm 35, I'll be done with kid expense in my early 40's, being aggressive with the mortgage is shaving a lot of years, everything else is pretty much paid for. Baller status is in sight!
Old 12-13-2014, 04:08 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by 92nsx

Or you can have a wife that makes $$$$$ too.

For me it comes down to how much I chose to have invested in this hobby. In my years of boating I can't say that my enjoyment level has gone up with the value of the boats I've owned.

Last edited by Dave M; 12-13-2014 at 04:11 AM.
Old 12-13-2014, 05:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

As much as a nicer boat or truck may be to have, I am happy with what I have.... I live in a nice remodeled home, all my vehicles and toys are paid for.... I have a wife and kids that are amazing...there is one thing I think when I start to get a little jealous of the guy with a 46 Cig or whatever and that is "my old Mistress gets me to the same place and puts a smile on my face doing it!"
I use my old sled every single weekend, lots of guys with way bigger and better toys let them sit.... it cracks me up us "broke" guys run them so much more...and mommy and daddy didn't hand me anything ... I worked for it.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:47 AM
Registered

..".and mommy and daddy didn't hand me anything "

That is part of what I see happening and that in itself is ok. I would hope that I can be able to leave some money to my kids when I pass away, but if you ask them they will tell you they "work very hard", had a "great little business and sold It" when in fact they have failed at holding a job knowing they have "old money" to fall back on. My point is just tell us hey my family left me money don't lie about it. My brother is in auto sales and sees many young 20-25 year olds that can barely read and write (illiterate) pay cash for new cars and boats too!, where does that money come from? I think we know the answer to that!

It really is none of my business but I feel better now.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:15 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by C1000
..".and mommy and daddy didn't hand me anything "

That is part of what I see happening and that in itself is ok. I would hope that I can be able to leave some money to my kids when I pass away, but if you ask them they will tell you they "work very hard", had a "great little business and sold It" when in fact they have failed at holding a job knowing they have "old money" to fall back on. My point is just tell us hey my family left me money don't lie about it. My brother is in auto sales and sees many young 20-25 year olds that can barely read and write (illiterate) pay cash for new cars and boats too!, where does that money come from? I think we know the answer to that!

It really is none of my business but I feel better now.
Getting left some money and investing it to open a buisness that you run and make work is WAY different then mom and dad having success and just handing it over or you not having to work for the money....
Old 12-13-2014, 08:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Full Force
Getting left some money and investing it to open a buisness that you run and make work is WAY different then mom and dad having success and just handing it over or you not having to work for the money....
FF I agree with you on that! I knew some kids when I was in school that had new high end cars but just admitted they come from a wealthy family, and they were great people and fun to be around.. my point is just admit it don't lie and be a poser. Nothing wrong with being fortunate!!

Also I'm not referring to any OSO people but I have seen to many young people that don't work "regular" jobs with what seems to be bags of Cash I think that a FEW small % of young people don't want to wait to get nice stuff and get into "bad situations" to have that status by "taking chances" I believe in the integrity of the OSO members! not bashing any of us.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Guys- all I will say is that I have been blessed with a good education, a GREAT moral and work ethic from my parents. That started the ball rolling. I was able to work for a number of very successful companies and make a good salary and now have my own consulting company.

IMO the biggest problem is the priorities on ones life are all wrong-- for me it is really simple
1. God comes first in ALL areas of my life
2. My family - especially my wife
3. My Career.
And I guarantee you this Number 3 (Career) will not routinely interfere with #'s 1 & 2.

Right now I have able to use - (In my world God owns everything and I get to use it)

1. Two homes - one on a very nice lake -- Paid
2. 3 vehicles - Ram Truck, Mercedes Benz, and Volkswagen - Paid Cash for all
3. Boat - Paid Cash
4. Jewelry - as much as mommy wanted -- Paid Cash

I also have a wonderful (hot) wife and two great kids - one we adopted from China -- which wasn't cheap. They both go to a private Christian school and are doing very well in both academics and athletically.

What I'm saying all of these "stuffs" don't amount to a pitcher of warm spit unless you have your focus on the right thing. Be happy in all situations.

When the coach pulls me out of the game - we hope to leave a little inheritance for the kids -- hopefully enough that they don't ever need but never so much as they forget to want

3pointstar
Old 12-13-2014, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by C1000
FF I agree with you on that! I knew some kids when I was in school that had new high end cars but just admitted they come from a wealthy family, and they were great people and fun to be around.. my point is just admit it don't lie and be a poser. Nothing wrong with being fortunate!!

A
Why should they have to "admit it" to anyone? So that Joe from the block can feel better now about someone else status in life?

Get out of here.

Ever think maybe it is personal? Maybe it is something that still burns at them? Maybe losing that person that left them whatever is still an open hole?

No one needs to justify anything to anyone. If anything at all maybe some people should keep their nose in their own life. The more the more you worry about others the less you focus on you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.