Confused or just Plain Dumb >

Confused or just Plain Dumb

Notices

Confused or just Plain Dumb

Old 12-13-2014, 10:45 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe I read this wrong but dont dwell on what others have. You make your own opportunities. If your not where you want to be change course, your in control.

If I read it wrong no offense.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Why should they have to "admit it" to anyone? So that Joe from the block can feel better now about someone else status in life?

Get out of here.

Ever think maybe it is personal? Maybe it is something that still burns at them? Maybe losing that person that left them whatever is still an open hole?

No one needs to justify anything to anyone. If anything at all maybe some people should keep their nose in their own life. The more the more you worry about others the less you focus on you.
Unfortunately, we live in a social society. While our primary focus should be on ourselves and our immediate family, we also bear the civic responsibility of communal awareness. While that kid paying cash for a big ticket item may be an heir, they may also be a criminal. They could be the next Gates or Zuckerburg, too. And sometimes you do need to justify yourself, but not always. I see a lot of people collecting government handouts while at the same time doing cash work, not all legal, and flaunting money. The day my taxes stop supporting that is the day I don't care about it. Until then, the tens of thousands of dollars out of my pocket are plenty of motivation to be a nosey a$$hole.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Quick2500
Unfortunately, we live in a social society. While our primary focus should be on ourselves and our immediate family, we also bear the civic responsibility of communal awareness. While that kid paying cash for a big ticket item may be an heir, they may also be a criminal. They could be the next Gates or Zuckerburg, too. And sometimes you do need to justify yourself, but not always. I see a lot of people collecting government handouts while at the same time doing cash work, not all legal, and flaunting money. The day my taxes stop supporting that is the day I don't care about it. Until then, the tens of thousands of dollars out of my pocket are plenty of motivation to be a nosey a$$hole.

Sounds like a miserable way to live. I prefer to worry about me and could care less about what others do or how they have it.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Sounds like a miserable way to live. I prefer to worry about me and could care less about what others do or how they have it.
trust me, it doesn't consume me, and I'm plenty happy. I just realize the overall connection of community and do my due diligence to help monitor and protect the one I live in.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:46 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't care where the money comes from myself. I just want to find a friend with a 50' Mystic with 1650's and a lot of rough open water.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Quick2500
trust me, it doesn't consume me, and I'm plenty happy. I just realize the overall connection of community and do my due diligence to help monitor and protect the one I live in.
Quick2500 gets what I was trying to put into words. "possible Criminal types" It does not consume me either but I'm aware of my surroundings.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:17 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

I actually look at things different.

I live in a summer resort area. We have 2 extremely busy months and about 8 steady moinths - for most workers.

Making a decent living here is tough.

Most 'full timers' in the area don't boat nor ski/snowboard/snowmobile/etc.

I feel lucky to be able to enjoy our wonderful natural surroundings which is what attracts so many out of staters here.

Imagine living in such an area, and not being able to enjoy it ?
Old 12-13-2014, 10:21 PM
Registered

In response to the original post. Everyone's opinion of wealth is subjective. A guy with a 1970 9.9 powered 10ft. Jon boat probably thinks that the guy with a newer bass boat is loaded. The guy in the newer bass boat probably thinks the guy in the 80's Scarab is a rich drug dealer because he saw it once on Miami Vice years ago. The guy in the 80's Scarab thinks that the guy docked next to him in the twin step gun is a millionaire. The guy in the twin step looks at the guy in the 80' Baia and says "DAYUM!" The guy in the 80' Baia gets pissed because he doesn't own diamond mines and the dude with the Lurssen got the last spot available for the new years eve party. Long story short, if you're boating and enjoying life then be thankful for what you have instead of assuming how everyone else lives.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:24 PM
Registered

Gee and all I hear is kids don't do nothing but play video games. The reason young people have stuff is because they are the generation of the computer. They grew up with it , most high paying jobs Theese days are computer related. Revenge of the nerds is here. Run lol. I can't even upload a pic without my 12 year old slaps it on. Little chit types 100 words a minute. Yikes I'm more Braun than brains. Lol
Old 12-13-2014, 10:27 PM
Registered

I think the richest are the ones that are content with what they got. Me I wouldn't trade my kids n family for not frikken boat , they are my million dollar gift. Anything more than them is just a bonus.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.