Extreme Boats Mag is proud to announce >

Extreme Boats Mag is proud to announce

Notices

Extreme Boats Mag is proud to announce

Old 12-16-2002, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

I nominate Too old for a restoration section!!!! He does such great work... Alot of us "economicaly challenged" people who can't afford "new rides" have to make due with projects!!
Old 12-16-2002, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Ron how about interview teams on stratage for races,set up and what it takes to win in a pro series race.Also pictures of hot rigging and new equipment.I like looking at new products with test results.
If you need any test throttleman or driver I am your man.
Randy
Old 12-16-2002, 02:11 PM
Charter Member#350
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-16-2002, 02:22 PM
Registered

I agree, More Home projects on how to fix stuff and pinpoint major issues people normally have
Illustrated exploded views of some things like I dont know the first time you do like an engine coupler swap or gimbal ring swap.
Problem that I have with Powerboat , is yeah, sure it is nice but 150% unrealistic
the 51 outerlimits on the cover
well 95% of us cant and never will be able to afford that type of boat, now put up a more moderate type of boat like I dont know, 92 sonic, or 94 scarab or something on the cover, Power boat either does race boats on cover or all new boats on the cover.
Ah forget it, im *****ing again

Good luck Ron and Joe,
Joe, continued success with all this offshore stuff to ya bro!

Jason
Old 12-16-2002, 02:56 PM
Registered

I'd like to see more "owners rides" along with more race coverage on the V's, P's, SVL's and etc... It seems the other mags leave alot out when it comes to these classes. Most of the coverage is Super Cat's , Super V's , F2, and F1. Good luck with the mag ! Wardey
Old 12-16-2002, 03:00 PM
Registered

Along with the backyard improvements, it would be nice to read (and view) about upgrades and improves to classic offshore boats by some of the best in the business (McManus, Lipship, Martin, etc.). I would be more interested in these articles than the performance evaluation of a 47' Fountain.

In addition, I find Poker Run coverage to be entertaining, but it definately needs a new twist - - - I could careless about seeing pictures of the people that win prizes, compared with seeing some of the hardware.

More F1 and F2 Team coverage. Maybe some in depth article of some of the smaller custom boat manufactures (Pantera, Powerplay, Apache, etc.).

No boat tests that are not honest . . . Powerboat has yet (except for one POS Fourwinns) to write any negatives or serious flaws in their evaluations. Be real honest.

Finally, in line with the restorations, articles on graphics upgrades (before and after pictures) by some of the well known shops would also be entertaining.

I find myself just flipping through the pages of the current magizines by Powerboat, Hot Boat, and Poker Runs America; the articles seem to be lacking lately. Family and Performance Boating started out good.

I will definately be checking out you magazine, and good luck to everyone (Magazine, Ron and Audacity).
Old 12-16-2002, 03:22 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Here's my plan. For each race I attend, I plan on getting set up ahead of time as a team member of the race team. This means that you'll need to send me some T Shirts (think of the tshirt collection I'll be able to build from this gig) and I'll arrive at the race site and act as one of your crew members. My article will be writen the race from your team's perspective.

Over the winter, I'd do some off season articles, and then in Daytona we shift to the race cuircuts.

My other job is to take a ride in an extreme boat and then report about the experience, like the Jet Set article. That's the plan as I understand it. However, I'm not alone and there are many more writers that may pick up on what your asking for.

So far, I'm having a blast! Now if only the GM Vortec guy would return my call..
Old 12-16-2002, 03:22 PM
Registered

Congratulations Guys, I would go along with the honest boat tests and more F1 and F2 team coverage. Good luck, Mark