Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   This had to hurt (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/40493-had-hurt.html)

mr_velocity 01-07-2003 03:09 PM

Bad forklift operator in dry storage. Got her into the rack and hit up instead of down while talking to another customer.

I did witness a forlift accident, or should I say dumb accident. The operator didn't have the boat far enough back on the forks. Went rippen through the boat yard and when he went to stop the forklift stood up on end. Boat when right to the ground. Our fine park service employees at work. Did I mention that our fine county buys marinas with all the extra money it beats out of us?

MitchStellin 01-07-2003 03:10 PM

I think that is Troutlys boat. I remember him saying his dash came loose and he zip tied it. Looks like a little more than the dast there Officer:D I would say he forgot he was hooked up and tried to pull in his garage:eek:

Smitty 01-07-2003 03:18 PM

I say it rolled sideways off of a forklift. Look at the angle the seats are bent. Also the skeg doesn't look broken. It is just down in the weeds.

LIOPA 01-07-2003 04:58 PM

Looks like something big fell on it. Could not see any scrapes or tears, just cracks and compressed upholstery.

puder 01-07-2003 05:23 PM

i'm gonna put my vote in for travel lift mishap.

i wonder hwo much tehy want for it. Assuming the only structural damage is on the rear top deck that isn't to much of a repair. Nota small job but if the hull is in good shape that could be a nice boat again.

Ron P 01-07-2003 05:44 PM

Yup I know the Railroad bridge all too well. Very narrow (about 25 feet) and at high tide it has less then three feet of clearance to the water.

However, I'll by the rack storage accident too. Something came down on it or the boat went up into something.

outlawinil 01-07-2003 06:34 PM

ok I gonna go with a roof collapse on it.

outlawinil 01-07-2003 06:38 PM

the groove by the deck lid and near the rear seat looks like the right distance for roof trusses in a metal building

puder 01-08-2003 11:26 AM

i e-mailed about it :D I might even go check it out while in Florida.

there response is as follows:
The damage happened when the high dry storage rack it was on collapsed,
the hull is OK, the damage is to the deck, seats, windshield engine
cover etc..

wannabe 01-08-2003 12:13 PM

Ouch!

This boat needs a lot of work. I also did not like the looks of the outdrives/transom based on it being only a 99'. I don't think this boat was well cared for. My guess is it would have to be taken back to the factory and the deck around the engine hatch replaced. i would guess the reapirs will be at least $ 30k.

Wannabe