Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I guess I didn't sell the boat this past weekend!!!I"M A SUCKER!!! >

I guess I didn't sell the boat this past weekend!!!I"M A SUCKER!!!

Notices

I guess I didn't sell the boat this past weekend!!!I"M A SUCKER!!!

Old 05-10-2006, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I guess I didn't sell the boat this past weekend!!!I"M A SUCKER!!!

I found my 290 enticer on ebay and when it did not meet the reserve I opened a commincation with the seller and we cam eto a deal and I bought the boat.

I also sold my old boat on ebay, and it actually hit the reserve and the buyer came and picked it up the next week.

so ebay has worked well for me
Old 05-10-2006, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Re: I guess I didn't sell the boat this past weekend!!!I"M A SUCKER!!!

Originally Posted by ckentling
I found my 290 enticer on ebay and when it did not meet the reserve I opened a commincation with the seller and we cam eto a deal and I bought the boat.

I also sold my old boat on ebay, and it actually hit the reserve and the buyer came and picked it up the next week.

so ebay has worked well for me
Thanks for the reply. If you don't mind me asking:

Was the sellers reserve near/at/above NADA FMV for <good> condition?

How long did it take to sell your's and was your reserve FMV?
Old 05-10-2006, 01:51 PM
Registered

the person I bought theboat from had it priced high on ebay (it was also late sept, so still some boating season, 57k) we negotiated over the month of october, came to a fair price (mid-high 40s), had a marine survey and mechanical survey done on it, and it checked out, I arranged transport for it, and I got it 12-23, a nice christmas present.

As to the one I sold, I had it priced to move since I owned 2 boats, so I set the reserve at 500 below my "friend" price and it ended selling for the same price I would have sold a friend which was in the lower spectrum of nada retail, I sold for 16,500 and low retail was 15,800, high retail was 18k, so I did OK.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ckentling
the person I bought theboat from had it priced high on ebay (it was also late sept, so still some boating season, 57k) we negotiated over the month of october, came to a fair price (mid-high 40s), had a marine survey and mechanical survey done on it, and it checked out, I arranged transport for it, and I got it 12-23, a nice christmas present.

As to the one I sold, I had it priced to move since I owned 2 boats, so I set the reserve at 500 below my "friend" price and it ended selling for the same price I would have sold a friend which was in the lower spectrum of nada retail, I sold for 16,500 and low retail was 15,800, high retail was 18k, so I did OK.
Thanks again!
Old 05-10-2006, 04:11 PM
Registered

not a problem, I was surpirsed it was as easy as it was

BUT

if buying from LD, get a marine survey and a mechanical inspection done, it is cheap insurance. I asked around and found a good mechnaic that people I trusted trusted andhad him do leak down etc.

In the 20 hours I have put on the boat the only thing that needed replaced (other than the standard impeller etc) was the starter on one motor and I have a slight leak at the drive bellows on one drive so I am having both drives pulled and complete rebuild kits done over with gimble bearing and alignement checks,

So about a grand in unexpected expenses, so not bad on a 50k purchase that I bought sight unseen.

Now as to the cosmetic upgrades I did, well that was another story $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Attached Thumbnails I guess I didn't sell the boat this past weekend!!!I&quot;M A SUCKER!!!-2a_3.jpg   I guess I didn't sell the boat this past weekend!!!I&quot;M A SUCKER!!!-p5070652.jpg  
Old 05-10-2006, 07:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cavecreeker
Durable thread--over 3 years old but relevant all of us at some point in time.

I have a 2002 PowerQuest 290AE I need to sell. What's proven to be the most effective selling media for you guys (ie: websites, Boat Trader, broker, etc)?

I live in Phoenix AZ area if that makes any difference.

What kind of price are you looking to get out of you Powerquest???

I have a friend they may be interested that I could pass along the details, what knid of motors??? He's perferably looking for twin small blocks but depending on the details & condition I'm sure he would be interested, Thanks.