Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
42 MTI or 36 Eliminator Cat >

42 MTI or 36 Eliminator Cat

Notices

42 MTI or 36 Eliminator Cat

Old 09-13-2003, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may want to check out WPM Racing, Tom Stolarz started Warlock and now makes a really nice 37' with a great cabin.
Old 09-13-2003, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Three Gays Only

Originally posted by Three Days Only
How can all of you even compare an Eliminator to a Skater, MTI, Spectre, or Nor-Tech...
Man...a West Coast guy bashin' the West Coast builders...

...hope they let you back on Havasu now with that new East Coast ride and attitude!

Old 09-13-2003, 07:57 PM
Registered

Default Re: Three Gays Only

Originally posted by Havasu Hangin
Man...a West Coast guy bashin' the West Coast builders...

...hope they let you back on Havasu now with that new East Coast ride and attitude!

HH,

Give me a break!!! You should know me better then that. Im just sayin Eliminator is not building there boats for true offshore running, they could but there not. There going after the lake/river high roller market, there's nothing wrong with that. You just can not compare an Eliminator to one of these other boats, which are built for true offshore use. As far as Havasu, none of the guys im rolling with have Eliminator's!!! I have nothing against Eliminator as far as what they manufacture, but these guys are not comparing apples to apples. For that kind of money what would you buy? That DCB you were in two weekends ago was sick!!!!! I would say that boat is the ultimate river boat 29', big power, sixes. It ran like a bat out of hell. He blew by me going up river like I was standing still, but do you think it would run that hard out in the ocean on a daliy basis? I purchased my boat more for Offshore use not Lake Havasu. If I was only going to lakes, I would of bought a much smaller cat similar to your buddies DCB or Charlies. Im out in the ocean at least once a week all year round, we are in Havasu approx. 8 times a year. Differn't boats for differn't folks, and differnt boats for differnt reasons. If this guy is going to use his boat offshore, and not on the lakes, my opinion is stay away from the Eliminator. Just my opinion, and you know the saying opinions are like *******s everyones got them, and they all stink.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:02 PM
Registered

Default Havasu Hangin - PS

The Three Gays Only, That **** made me laugh. You always seem to be doing that. Is any of your crowd going down to the Hydro races the weekend of Sep 20. Please do not send out the Oompa Lumpa's after me. I was just specking my mind.

3DO
Old 09-13-2003, 08:39 PM
Registered

Cool 3GO

Uh...excuse me Mr. Sensitive (not that there's anything wrong with that)...

I happen to agree with you on the tunnel issue (shocking, I know). I just happen to think that it's also a little different scene...but that's another thread.

My concern is that you'll now show up at the sandbar with the gold chains and button down shirt...using words like "yoose guys" and "***ettaboutit"...

Originally posted by Three Days Only
Is any of your crowd going down to the Hydro races the weekend of Sep 20.
Sorry, partner...looks like I'll be keeping an eye on the sandbar that weekend.

You gonna make the Heatwave?

Old 09-13-2003, 11:23 PM
Registered

Default Havasu Hangin

We are rolling up for the Heat Wave Poker Run, arriving friday morning!!! Keep the sandbar safe from gang warfare. I will see you out there im sure. I will be the one with the big gold chain and the anchor charm hangin down on my chest, runnin my mouth to all the shorties askin where's the potty at!!!! We need to hook up out there, I would actually like to meet you, believe it or not!!!!!
C-ya on the other thread if they ever start something new.

3DO
Old 09-14-2003, 12:10 PM
Registered

It’s funny how some people can say that Eliminator can’t build an Offshore Boat. “How Sweet it Is” finished second at the worlds last year after being “Stuffed” three times and “Barrel” rolled once during the year. In Oceanside we had 12’ to 15’ swells and both of the SLC Eliminators were still running at the end. Also, I would like to know how many people that bash west coast boats would really be able to handle the water out here (and not at Havasu). And just for the record, you can get a 36’ Eliminator with or with out a center pod.
Old 09-14-2003, 01:33 PM
Registered

Default Get Real

If Eliminator has done such a great job in the Offshore Circut. Why are they this year? Are they tired of fixing & repairing where the boats keep falling apart. It seemed like Brent was always scrambling to find ways to repair that hull. I just dont see the Skaters, and MTI's falling apart like that, at least not the hulls. When 50% of the field running Super Cat & Super Cat Lites are Eliminators, like it is MTI and Skater right now, then it would be open for discussion. The race teams are not buying there boats, why? I don't know maybe you do.

Last edited by Three Days Only; 09-14-2003 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-14-2003, 05:10 PM
Registered

If you would have been there or just asked you would know that the problems were electrical.
Old 09-14-2003, 05:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts

The 39 Scism with 500's is running Imco drives, an enclosed canopy, in a stripped zero frill race hull.

I've "heard" the 120 number mentioned, but Randy told me personally that it has run 117 with its current setup.

Was running 104 GPS when it passed me with an easy 10 mph (okay, yes I'm estimating) on me at Cumberland.

Not arguing, just relaying some facts.

I'll never tall anybody that an MTI is a bargain boat, nor will I say it is the fastest hull in a given size/power range.

I just personally witnessed 100mph+ running in some nasty water at Cumberland that had ALL the other 36'-40' bigname cats getting air and backing off the sticks while the MTI I was riding in never even unloaded the props thru the same water.

I could've dang near played a GameBoy while we busted thru that crap at over 100. Impressed the hell out of me.

Am I buying one? Heck no. I've got a 17' boat that'll run 100 on glass water. I've got a 31' vee that'll run thru about any water I need it to at 50-75mph.

BUT - if you want to comfortably seat 8 people in a high-sided cat, have a queen bed for overnighting, a nice bathroom, and tons of storage - AND the ability to bulldoze BIG WATER at high speeds, I think the MTI is worth a SERIOUS look. PLUS it has a nice rear platform that makes boarding and docking really easy when compared to a Skater.

Just my opinion.

Quick Reply: 42 MTI or 36 Eliminator Cat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.