Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
42 MTI or 36 Eliminator Cat >

42 MTI or 36 Eliminator Cat

Notices

42 MTI or 36 Eliminator Cat

Old 08-13-2003, 07:07 PM
critter3gitter

why compare a 36 and 42. MTI also offers a berth and head in their 39 with different configurations on their 4 seat pokerun edition.

Old 09-09-2003, 10:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts

Boating Fool,

The Fountain/Scism cat is not "based" on the 42 MTI, it IS a 42 MTI. In all respects except for where you see a Fountain badge. Reg got a contract to build the 42 MTI as a Fountain and pay royalties to Randy. Less than 7 boats were actually built. Randy took back his molds and pulled the boat back in-house.

The whole deal was to allow Reggie to use his marketing power to sell the MTI and to use his larger facility to build them. The boats were never marketed the way that it was originally intended. My friend has a Fountain/Scism that he bought after owning a true MTI 42. The boats are truly the same in all manner of fiberglass and content.

There were no "Fountain" molds for any of the parts found on the Fountain/Scism. They were ALL Randy Scism's personal molds. The ONLY molds that exist for the 42 MTI/Fountain-Scism.

By the way, friend's boat is for sale. 2002 42 Fountain/Scism. 50 hours 575SCi's with chillers, blower pulley, and efi reprogram (675-700hp). Bmaxes. Myco deluxe aluminum with ladder, spare, box, and drive guard. $450k obo.
Old 09-10-2003, 06:44 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can only dream of owning one of the these boats. I can't fathom spending $500,000 for one of these things! Even if I had that kind of $, I couldn't do it.

Okay, I lied! These things are just SO SWEET! Who needs a house?

I know what these things burn for fuel, what does it cost you guys to insure a $500,000 1000+hp big cat?

Must be nice to have the way cool toys!
Old 09-10-2003, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't looked at all the cats that are around but...
Here is a question. Does anyone make a 30-36' cat with side by side seating (driver/throttleman) that also has some sort of small cabin? When I say cabin, I mean a place for a cooler and a small bench seat.
On a different level, I like the seating/throttling layout of a Gladiator, but there is no access to the cabin. I have seen a pic of the 37 GTX Outerlimits that I think is set up the way I mentioned. What about the cats?
Old 09-10-2003, 12:04 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by SummerObsession

Here is a question. Does anyone make a 30-36' cat with side by side seating (driver/throttleman) that also has some sort of small cabin? When I say cabin, I mean a place for a cooler and a small bench seat.
American Offshore 3100.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:21 PM
Registered

Sorry, don't like those. Looking for a cut down deck. Just informational, so don't get the idea I'm wanting to give up my Cig!

Not yet, anyway.
A cat is rubbing on my leg though, so we'll see. Maybe someday
Sure like the Nor-tec 36'
Old 09-10-2003, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

I just don't understand why anyone wants a performance boat with a cabin. Every boater at a Poker Run that has a cabin and is overnighting it, is in the hotel. Does anyone actually sleep in those tiny things. Even a 36 boat the cabin is small on both a cat or V performance hull.
Weight just slows you down. I like my 35 cat to be light and fast.
Old 09-10-2003, 02:15 PM
Registered

Maybe my use of the word "cabin" is not correct. I really mean more like an "access to storage". you know, storing beverages, covers, rain gear, tools, cleaning supplies, etc.
My boat is very mobile, as in I take a lot of different places, so maybe this is more important to me than it would be to someone that leaves theirs on a lift all season.
Old 09-10-2003, 02:16 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Brad Zastrow
I just don't understand why anyone wants a performance boat with a cabin. Every boater at a Poker Run that has a cabin and is overnighting it, is in the hotel. Does anyone actually sleep in those tiny things. Even a 36 boat the cabin is small on both a cat or V performance hull.
Weight just slows you down. I like my 35 cat to be light and fast.

Yep. I know a guy with a 42 MTI. He wanted the cabin. His boat has Twin 900's and tops out at a whopping 110-114. SLooooow by cat standards. You gotta pick, speed or luxury. You can only have one or the other.
Old 09-10-2003, 03:22 PM
lakeguy

whatever you do dont call awsome they blow aprt and sink. iknow of 3 38 signatures that came apart in the same spot and sunk

Quick Reply: 42 MTI or 36 Eliminator Cat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.