Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   '93 Top Gun-reasonable price (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/83529-93-top-gun-reasonable-price.html)

lucky strike 07-19-2004 05:47 PM

Re: '93 Top Gun-reasonable price

Originally Posted by thedonz
leaking headers...what should I expect?

Don't forget if you break a #5 prop, and have to replace it it can be VERY expensive!

Leaking headers = New headers + new engines if they leak out,they leak in

Been there done that, it all = $$$

If one goes the other will be right behind it.

Ironmanwb 07-19-2004 05:52 PM

I know where a 93 38 TG, twin 454 420hp trs drives k-planes, 225hrs, trailer

Great condition he is askin 99k but he just wants to get rid of it now.

Ironmanwb 07-19-2004 05:53 PM

oh yeah Fresh water only.

thedonz 07-19-2004 05:57 PM

Ironman,

with what I've been seeing in the market, that is too much money for that setup, but thanks

Von Bongo 07-19-2004 07:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Ironman,

with what I've been seeing in the market, that is too much money for that setup, but thanks

That all depends..if it is clean and doesn't need a lot of work that is a good price. Think about what it cost to redo interiors, gelcoat, paint wiring, gauges, dashes, head, freshen power, carpet, add hydraulic steering. You priced anything from Cig lately?

I'd let my 93 go for $120 with the trailer with 525scs and it doesn't need a thing. Lip-ship Kevlar boat.

Lmarth 07-19-2004 07:10 PM

I wish I could help with a price, but I can't. Sounds like a nice package. My boat is similarly equipped. I can't say enough for a boat that size, with that power having Speedmasters. Keeping anything else other than Arneson's in one piece is almost impossible. Maybe $5000 for two sets of headers but need to understand severity of "leaks". Just my $.02.--Lou

Cash Bar 07-20-2004 12:57 AM

Hey Frank,
Why don't you just wait a few months and buy mine. I'm gonna get a new Gladiator no later than Dec.
I think you know the specs, if not let me know.

Greg

Roger 1 07-21-2004 08:27 AM

I expect you`ll need new engines.

BLee 07-21-2004 08:45 AM

a new header gasket.

Nykamp 07-21-2004 08:46 AM

Donz what motors and who built them will have alot to do with the price also when was the last time the drive train was gone thru and by who would affect price. Big power with speedmasters is a great set-up, I have owned a couple of boats like that, my buddy put bigger power in his bravo boat and has lost drives and weekends 5 out of the last 6.