If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Boats:
    1986 Four Winns Liberator 241
    Lake St. Clair, Canada

Re: Scarab 26 experience wanted

Chuck, call me.

My Boats:
    Formula 292 Fastech 2002 Scorpion engines

Just want to say thank you for all the input on this thread. I am currently trying to decide whether I should repower my current boat or buy another boat, and a Scarab 26 has been on my wishlist for some years. The Scarab 26 that I wanted to check out has been sold, so I didn't even get to see it and try it. But I must admit I am disappointed to learn that the engine mounts are not and can not be through bolted due to the lack of real stringers. I didn't expect that from Scarab.
    Thanks again for the input.

st. clair shores mi ,us

The factory engine mounts are bolted into an aluminum box with is glassed in. It is sandwiched between the stringer and liner.
    I made solid motor mounts and thru bolted those thru the liner and aluminum box. The past three years the alignment has been dead on and I've had no problems with anything. Sure an offshore mount would be better but I think this set up is fine for anything the average pleasure boater would put it thru.
    Earlier in the year I had planned on selling mine with different engine options but found it too much of a pain. If your interested in mine as is (N/A 540)PM me and we can talk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12