Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Speed Limt Law on Winnipesaukee!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/94469-speed-limt-law-winnipesaukee.html)

CMG 01-14-2005 02:14 PM

Speed Limt Law on Winnipesaukee!!!

From Winnilakers.com :

Winnilakers,
I just got this information today in reference to the new speed law and the hearing date. I have attached the bill below. If you can, please see if you can make it to the hearing next week, Wednesday, January 19, 2004 at 11:00 am in Room 305 of the Legislative Office Building in Concord. You don't need to speak, but we need numbers there.

The bill is proposing a day time speed of 45 and a night speed limit of 25.

HB 162 – AS INTRODUCED

2005 SESSION

05-0103

03/01

HOUSE BILL 162

AN ACT establishing boating speed limits for Lake Winnipesaukee.

SPONSORS: Rep. Pilliod, Belk 5

COMMITTEE: Resources, Recreation and Development

ANALYSIS

This bill establishes boating speed limits for Lake Winnipesaukee.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Explanation: Matter added to current law appears in bold italics.

Matter removed from current law appears [in brackets and struckthrough.]

Matter which is either (a) all new or (b) repealed and reenacted appears in regular type.

2005 SESSION

05-0103

03/01

STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE

In the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand Five

AN ACT establishing boating speed limits for Lake Winnipesaukee.

Be it Enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Court convened:

1 New Section; Restrictions on Boating; Lake Winnipesaukee. Amend RSA 270 by inserting after section 130 the following new section:

270:131 Lake Winnipesaukee. No person shall use or operate any powerboat, motorboat, or boat equipped with any type of power motor at a rate of speed exceeding 45 miles per hour during daylight hours and 25 miles per hour during night hours on the waters of Lake Winnipesaukee. As used in this section, "daylight hours" means the hours between 1/2 hour before sunrise and 1/2 hour after sunset and "night hours" means the hours 1/2 hour after sunset and 1/2 hour before sunrise. Any person who violates the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a violation.

2 Effective Date. This act shall take effect January 1, 2006

DoTheMath 01-14-2005 02:21 PM

Re: Speed Limt Law on Winnipesaukee!!!

W-T-FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!?!?!?! I can't make it, but I will be happy to do whatever else I can to stop this nonsense! :mad:

CMG - Let me know what you know...

tomtbone1993 01-14-2005 02:31 PM

45 top :eek: :eek:

pm203 01-14-2005 02:33 PM

The local boat dealers and marine industry have banded together in the past using their own money and time to squash regulations like this.Lets hope it gets squashed again!

CMG 01-14-2005 02:35 PM

I just sent a sh*tload of e-mails and pm's to anyone in area, sorry if sent you multiples.

Chris G.

DoTheMath 01-14-2005 02:51 PM

So, just wondering - any thoughts guys as to what recent turn of events (up here) may have brought this on? :rolleyes:

wwwTOPDJcom 01-14-2005 02:57 PM

they were trying to do the same thing in the 1000 island region too......

CMG 01-14-2005 02:58 PM

Ease down on the mazzholes, we need their help too!

DoTheMath 01-14-2005 03:06 PM

Hey hey... easy on the Mazzholes :D Jeesh! Some of us own houses on the lake and pay in while taking very little back... And my first thought was Mr. Littlefield too... they have been talking about this for a while but never seriously until he did his deed! Dumb-A$$!! (And I have known him personally for 15 years - can't say I'm proud of that these days :( )

Audiofn 01-14-2005 03:18 PM

I would have happily driven up but unfortunatly I have already booked up my week solid and I am on the ropes with a few customers as it is. Please keep me posted if there are to be any more meetings and perhaps you can let them know that most of us tax payers actually WORK.

Jon