Mesa's Baddest Turbo Power >

Mesa's Baddest Turbo Power

Notices

Mesa's Baddest Turbo Power

Old 06-05-2006, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Mesa's Baddest Turbo Power

I bet you can pick those up right down the street at the CarQuest, right?
i think only discount atuo stocks em in the popular sizes
Old 06-06-2006, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

believe it or not it is a standard size item I'm working with and it can be purchased from the manufacturer and shipped from one day to the other. As far as service life I've had them in drag racing engines for three seasons reusing them and unlike a conventional head gasket they can be reused with out risk of not resealing this is in Pro Import Racing engines were my 3.0 liter engines are making 1600-1700hp . I feel this is the best sealing system being used in the world right now.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:50 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are the water and oil passages o-ringed also?

Awesome power
Old 06-06-2006, 04:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wobble
Are the water and oil passages o-ringed also?

Awesome power
The water passages are sealed and head water and block water are isolated the block water and the head water never communicates
Old 06-06-2006, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MESABALANCING
The water passages are sealed and head water and block water are isolated the block water and the head water never communicates
Brilliant!! Taking the ol' reverse flow cooling purpose to perfection! I'm no expert, but I'd think it would be optimum to run the heads as cold as possible while letting the block run at 'normal' temps.

I'm sure its been done before, just I have never heard of it. If not, double brilliant!!

Not to mention the sealing advantages
Old 06-07-2006, 12:09 AM
Registered

What size turbo are you running? It doesn't look as big as you would expect.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat
finally something impressive, water that talks !! wasn't that in a movie, I think it was the Abyss.

On a more technical note, I see it took you along time to get a cam profile to work with a motor, head, and turbo combination that were designed way wrong. Didn't those engines come to you with the o-rings already done? Or did you design that part?

Tyson
Yes we machined and modified the cooling system and machined the grooves for the nit. rings the rings were originally made for NASA we didn't design any of that the cam changes were to perfect the combo not necessarily because the cams were junk when we build something as radical and advance as this we want to turn every stone over and not leave anything on the table the engines start and run like a taxi car engine that you can take to the grocery store but when you roll in the throttle hang on they make crazy torque and HP these cams are all computer designed lobes and the profiles are very aggressive they open the valve with extreme speed and lay it gently on the seat to eliminate valve float with 440lbs of spring press on the seat to eliminate flutter at high boost levels also. We run two O2 sensors on the dyno for tuning only and run egt's in the boat and autronics O2 senor also remember these numbers haven't had race fuel yet. We're currently inspecting internals to trun the boost up with C16 we'll see how the O2's work then. All the power we've made has been on 93 oct and after I posted originally I found the boost gauge I have in the dyno room was off the computer read instead of 15lbs it was actually 12lbs were we made the power
Old 06-07-2006, 09:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MESABALANCING
Yes we machined and modified the cooling system and machined the grooves for the nit. rings the rings were originally made for NASA we didn't design any of that the cam changes were to perfect the combo not necessarily because the cams were junk when we build something as radical and advance as this we want to turn every stone over and not leave anything on the table the engines start and run like a taxi car engine that you can take to the grocery store but when you roll in the throttle hang on they make crazy torque and HP these cams are all computer designed lobes and the profiles are very aggressive they open the valve with extreme speed and lay it gently on the seat to eliminate valve float with 440lbs of spring press on the seat to eliminate flutter at high boost levels also. We run two O2 sensors on the dyno for tuning only and run egt's in the boat and autronics O2 senor also remember these numbers haven't had race fuel yet. We're currently inspecting internals to trun the boost up with C16 we'll see how the O2's work then. All the power we've made has been on 93 oct and after I posted originally I found the boost gauge I have in the dyno room was off the computer read instead of 15lbs it was actually 12lbs were we made the power
I'm pretty sure those motors came with the cooling system separate between the block and heads. I know some of those motors came with the nitrogen filled combustion rings.
Attached Thumbnails Mesa's Baddest Turbo Power-1-002-medium-.jpg   Mesa's Baddest Turbo Power-1-086-medium-.jpg  
Old 06-07-2006, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NOBODY
I'm pretty sure those motors came with the cooling system separate between the block and heads. I know some of those motors came with the nitrogen filled combustion rings.

ummm ... yea ... just read the thread ...
Old 06-07-2006, 09:49 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Laz,

Care to share which oil you run in that bad boy?

Quick Reply: Mesa's Baddest Turbo Power

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.