More Rtech dyno results

Notices

More Rtech dyno results

Old 07-25-2006, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: More Rtech dyno results

Hey Tom,
Could you email me the program/log so I can compare notes.
Didn't catch the injector size. We are running 72s with an Aeromotive with a 1:1 regulator (43-52psi) with no fuel shortage at 5800- 6000rpm on almost the identical setup except for the Valako Canfields.
We also run a large Holley high volume/low pressure primer pump into a large Racor separator as well which helps tremendously. It allows the rotary vane to do what it's suppose to; push and not pull
Do you have large enough feeds?
Thanks,
Dave
Old 07-25-2006, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FASTERDAMITT
Some nice numbers. Do you know what compression ratio is? What drive is on back?
Alpha!
Old 07-25-2006, 10:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 821 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Great info !

As Smitty showed, many electric fuel pumps can really 'step up to the plate' as voltages are increased.

I, too, would talk to an engineer (not sales person) at Aeromotive about doing the same. They typically have fuel pump dyno tests + graphs plotting volts vs psi vs volume.

While you are talking to them, you may want to ask about the two fuel pump set-up and see what they think, in your set-up, about installing the two pumps in series or parralel.

===========================

Very impressive power BTW . COngrats !!!! Hope the new owner fully respects what this power/boat combo may present.
You can find charts on the internet published by aeromotive showing the stepped up voltage vs flow. I'm using a aeromotive eliminator fuel pump,if I remember correctly its rated for 800 lbs per hour at 13.5volts and 1100 plus lbs per hr at 16 volts. I'm feeding 63 lb injectors on my 540 with m-3sc procharger and it made over 950 ftlbs tq on dyno. We were trying to run a essex fuel pump on the dyno and it wouldn't keep up at all,ended up cobbling a barry grant 500 as a booster pump to get my pulls in on dyno and going to the higher flowing aeromotive and voltage booster when actually in the boat,Smitty

Last edited by articfriends; 07-25-2006 at 12:54 PM.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:10 AM
RBT
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

Why would you not run a real fuel pump like a Weldon 2015 or a 2025?.
I am very familier with the Aeromotive pump, bosch, Holley, and Barry Grant. And the ONLY pump that will flow what they advertise is weldon.

RT
Old 07-25-2006, 12:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by RBT
Why would you not run a real fuel pump like a Weldon 2015 or a 2025?.
I am very familier with the Aeromotive pump, bosch, Holley, and Barry Grant. And the ONLY pump that will flow what they advertise is weldon.

RT
In my case the amount of excess flow when not in boost would overcome my return lines and boost referencing regulator. My regulator boost references at 5-1,not 1-1 and I have not found a bigger one that will do that. If I went to big enough injectors that I wouldn't need to raise fuel pressure so much under boost I would also have to get a new computer and harness to trigger it so the 250$ the kenne bell voltage booster cost was a tenth of what the alternative cost plus the cost of re-dynoing it to get computer map correct, re-plumbing it,rxr'ing motor etc,Smitty
Old 07-25-2006, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

I think the injectors were 72 but I don't know the pulley sizes. Apparently the reason for losing fuel pressure was an 11 volt battery. I haven't got a copy of the log yet, but we can compare notes when I do. The owner is a former Factory 1 driver/throttleman and can handle the boat, but I don't know how long the XR is going to handle the torque.

Smitty: It would be interesting to compare the curves; I will see if I can find your numbers and plot them on the same graph. Your intake, heads and cam should make more torque.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by tomcat
I think the injectors were 72 but I don't know the pulley sizes. Apparently the reason for losing fuel pressure was an 11 volt battery. I haven't got a copy of the log yet, but we can compare notes when I do. The owner is a former Factory 1 driver/throttleman and can handle the boat, but I don't know how long the XR is going to handle the torque.

Smitty: It would be interesting to compare the curves; I will see if I can find your numbers and plot them on the same graph. Your intake, heads and cam should make more torque.
I looked at the numbers last night but can't figure out how to plot them against yours on any program I have. I'll e-mail you a dyno sheet if you want to do it. I know mine made 45-100ft lbs more tq thru most of the curve,I'd love to know what made them different,probably the afr heads,Smitty
Old 07-25-2006, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

I found the dyno sheet on your thread; this graph shows the comparison. The combination of the AFR heads, long runner intake and milder cam definitely make more torque down low, as much as 90 ft-lbs @ 3800; they two engines have the same torque @ 5400, after that the solid roller will pull away.

Kind of makes you go hmmm.... Both engines will be Bravo busters; but would the solid roller engine's ability to rev, combined with a lower pitch prop give up anything in acceleration? Would it be any easier on drives?

The blower pulley was 4.75" but I think the old M-3 gear ratio is 4.44:1. At 6000 RPM this is a blower speed of ~42,000 RPM. In your thread you said a 3.85" pulley was used and I think the gear ratio in the M-3SC is 4.1:1. At 5600 RPM this is a blower speed of ~45,000 RPM.
Attached Thumbnails More Rtech dyno results-540-m-3-comparison.jpg  
Old 07-25-2006, 10:27 PM
MarineKinetics
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Steve/Tom,
Great information!
If I can offer a suggestion...try an overlay of the TQ/BSFC curves, there may be some answers there.
Bob