build motor -- or procharge? >

build motor -- or procharge?

Notices

build motor -- or procharge?

Old 08-07-2007, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RBeyer
If you have the budget go for the whole thing. Myself and others can walk you trough it. I'm sure there are a lot of opinions regarding this but I would not do it different.
Feel the need for speed!!!!
I also forgot to mention the idle charactoristics! Ya boat can be like a street sleeper if ya want it! Nonna that bloopity,bloopity,bloop hoping ya don't foul your plugs idling along etc.! (after ya get it right)
Old 08-07-2007, 11:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a procharger M-1 on a 454 MPI (big fat cruiser). I first did it wrong, blew it up and was doubting weather I should re- build again. I came across a post by Dustin Whipple debating blow through carb VS MPI. He said once you properly set up MPI in the boat or on the dyno it will run the same time after time again. My wife liked what he said and after the second re-build I took my boat to Fresno and Dustin and I spent a day on the lake. NO QUESTION THAT IT WAS WORTH EVERY PENNEY. IN THE BOAT TUENING, IS THE WAY TO GO. Lake Tahoe is @ 6200MSL and I also run various other elevations down to sea level. Idles smooth as silk and runs like a dream through-out the RPM range (5200). Reliability seems to be there but only time will tell. I have built NA motors in the past but they all seemed to be relying on flow, cam, timing and compression (some what on the edge all the time). I am sure I will get criticized for saying this and rightfully so. Lots of fellows can build very reliable hary-chested NA HP. Some times I cruse 300-400 miles on a trip through the San Juan’s and the blower seems to deliver good steady reliable power at medium to heavy loads. If you want to blow the brains out of an engine a blower will get you there very quickly. If you build a blower motor with blower pistons, Keep the timing conservative, Get it tuned properly, make sure it can breath @ both ends, have reliable and adequate fuel delivery, she just may run for a long time.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good reading - -thanks guy's!