Engine guru's/ fuel injectors >

Engine guru's/ fuel injectors

Notices

Engine guru's/ fuel injectors

Old 03-16-2008, 01:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

the eliminator is a better choice but the ouput still drops signifigantly at 75 psi,its what I'm running,but I also boost the voltage to 15-16 volts to make it put out more,I would have just bought the pro series but its not a constant duty pump and I was worried it would overheat or put out too much at idle,Smitty
http://www.aeromotiveinc.com/product...atsub=1&prod=2
go to specs to see its rating
Old 03-16-2008, 02:17 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Do it once, no cables, no boosters, no add on drivers, stock alternater. One ECU, one pump, one regulator, correct sized lines and injectors, DONE. Fast Ecu, weldon 2025 pump, weldon regulator, 72 lb injectors, 10 an lines, 100 micron pre filter, 10 micron filter before injectors. Have the dealer install a start and run program, finish tuning on the dyno and on the water. Most aftermarket ECU's have a wideband 02, you can set your a/f ratios,run data logs, and map your timing for what works best for your application. Any future changes you make to the engine can be accommodated with a laptop and a few key strokes.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by GPM
Do it once, no cables, no boosters, no add on drivers, stock alternater. One ECU, one pump, one regulator, correct sized lines and injectors, DONE. Fast Ecu, weldon 2025 pump, weldon regulator, 72 lb injectors, 10 an lines, 100 micron pre filter, 10 micron filter before injectors. Have the dealer install a start and run program, finish tuning on the dyno and on the water. Most aftermarket ECU's have a wideband 02, you can set your a/f ratios,run data logs, and map your timing for what works best for your application. Any future changes you make to the engine can be accommodated with a laptop and a few key strokes.
If I was just first putting a blower on my motor and had to buy everything GPM'S parts list would definately be the way to go. Everyone knows what happens though,you buy a procharger kit,you install there mediocre support equipment. At first everythings seems o/k except the regulators are junk so you upgrade them. Next you buy a bigger fuel pump and pay someone to reprogram your mefi,then your so far into it starting over isn't feasible unless your really changing alot. The whole thing with boosting fuel pressure so much is just a band aid but it works good enough to run it. If I was starting with a clean slate though I wouldn't pizz around with any of the stuff I'm currently running,I'd just buy the good stuff,Smitty
Old 03-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

"Dick,with your electrical experience you ought to design a "conversion box" that allows guys with mefi ecu's and cheap aftermarket fuel injection systems like the holley/accell to drive low impedance injectors. It would be interesting because there are quite a few guys like me who would be running bigger injectors but are limited to the 60/63 lb siemens that are available,Smitty"

Smitty, I am in the process of researching that at this moment. Circuit boards are being built by a guy in Canada as we speak.
Is the Mefi sequiental or batch fire? Does it have any idea what is on the driver output. If it can tell there is a load change on the injector output then that has to be dealt with. But this is doable.. small self contained Peak & Hold Driver box.
Dick
Old 03-16-2008, 02:59 PM
GPM
Registered

Accel sells a driver box, they've had it for years, they use it with their gen6 box because it wouldn't run big injectors on it's own.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:56 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

I went to their web site, but couldnt find it.. too difficult to search.. Any idea what the number is on that box GPM? I would be interested in the price on it.

Dick
Old 03-16-2008, 04:32 PM
GPM
Registered

They were available at Summit and Jeg's a while ago, I beleive they were around 400.00. Check with Earl at Kinsler Fuel Injection. AEM makes one, part number, 30-2710, 349.85www.aempower.com/ViewCategory.aspx?CategoryID=83 AEM driver module on Ebay for under 300.

Last edited by GPM; 03-16-2008 at 09:03 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:36 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Mr Gadgets,
The MEFI batch fires.

They don't seem to have a problem running at 85% duty cycle.
The way around the injector problem is to run more of them. That is one reason I like Whipples so much. Besides the fact that they are bas a$$ blowers, a single 3.3 only holds 8, but a quadrotor holds up to 12. I run 10 until around 1400 hp, after that you need 12. Haven't had a problem with the driver crapping out from running 6 injectors each yet. If I run a roots or PSI, I make my own injector plate to sit on top of the blower and put as many injectors in it as needed. I have seen guys add injectors through the side of an intake ( under the carb pad on a blow through) and only turn them on while in boost in order to have enough fuel.
Eddie
Old 03-16-2008, 11:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by GPM
They were available at Summit and Jeg's a while ago, I beleive they were around 400.00. Check with Earl at Kinsler Fuel Injection. AEM makes one, part number, 30-2710, 349.85www.aempower.com/ViewCategory.aspx?CategoryID=83 AEM driver module on Ebay for under 300.
I wish I would have known this 4 years ago,I would have converted my set-up to low impedance injectors,thanks for the info. I love these intense discussions,everyone learns something they didn't know before,Smitty
Old 03-17-2008, 05:03 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Thanks Eddie!! I like your idea!

Quick Reply: Engine guru's/ fuel injectors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.