Engine guru's/ fuel injectors

Notices

Engine guru's/ fuel injectors

Old 03-17-2008, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Injectors

Smitty,
Were your Siemens 63 injectors a direct replacement or was modification required?
What part number did you use? I have a call in for Tyler and will speak with him in the AM
Bob
Old 03-18-2008, 12:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 817 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by RBeyer
Smitty,
Were your Siemens 63 injectors a direct replacement or was modification required?
What part number did you use? I have a call in for Tyler and will speak with him in the AM
Bob
There was a mistake made when I ordered my 63 lb injectors,they were supposed to be almost identical in length to my stock ones,they turned out to be about 5/8" longer so I made a custom twin rail fuel injection set-up to make them work. I had started making a twin rail system for stock length injectors and it just wasn't going to work due to the rails hitting the intake ports so it all turned out for the better anyways,Smitty
Attached Thumbnails Engine guru's/ fuel injectors-dsc02963.jpg   Engine guru's/ fuel injectors-dsc02965.jpg   Engine guru's/ fuel injectors-dsc02959.jpg  

Old 03-18-2008, 12:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The rail in the right pic in the above post was the first one I started making,I had whittled and milled it to death and it still wasn't going to work,the ones that I ended up making were a much cleaner set-up that wouldn't have been possible with stock length injectors. At 800 hp buy the stock length injectors and use your stock fuel rail,the twin rail set-up would be a waste of time,Smitty
Attached Thumbnails Engine guru's/ fuel injectors-dsc02971.jpg   Engine guru's/ fuel injectors-dsc02964.jpg  
Old 03-18-2008, 12:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.fjoracing.com/products/injdrvr/

I've used this one with the mefi controllers. It worked GREAT
Old 03-18-2008, 01:49 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
The rail in the right pic in the above post was the first one I started making,I had whittled and milled it to death and it still wasn't going to work,the ones that I ended up making were a much cleaner set-up that wouldn't have been possible with stock length injectors. At 800 hp buy the stock length injectors and use your stock fuel rail,the twin rail set-up would be a waste of time,Smitty
Smitty, I rember discussing this with you I guess the better question was is there a direct replacement with little modification? Your setup does look great though.
Bob
Old 03-18-2008, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

I am in the process of building a 502 MPI with an M3 (now a 540 with alum. heads). I needed more than the stock 42 lb Keihin injectors. This is a 98 model engine with v belts and a MEFI 1. The newer engines with a serpentine and MEFI 3 has different injectors, so what I did may or may not work for everyone. I was able to drill both the manifold and rail to accept Siemens 63 lb injectors. No one makes a larger injector to replace the stock Keihin's. I contemplated making new rails, but I decided to try this first and it worked out great. Once I figured it out, it is actually pretty easy to do with an injector bit. I'll post some pics later if someone is interested.
Carl,
Why didn't you tell me about that injector controller before now??????
Eddie
Old 03-18-2008, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Question

When it comes to EFI fuel pumps I am kind of curious why more people don't use the Weldon pumps, I've been told they pump considerably better than Aeromotive or others.
Whats the opinion here? Anybody else got input on the Weldon pumps? thanks

Ray @ Raylar
Old 03-18-2008, 11:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Weldon makes great pumps AND higher capacity than Aeromotive. I never want to be "on the edge" of an electric pump. ~1200hp+ it's time to put a mechanical fuel pump on the back of the dry sump pump.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:09 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Ray,
I don't use the Weldon's on anything under 900 hp just because of the cost and that there are many other pumps that can get the job done. Over 900 hp, I would not use anything except a Weldon. Have only had one Weldon pump fail. Merc uses them also.
Eddie
Old 03-19-2008, 12:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by RichardCranium572
http://www.fjoracing.com/products/injdrvr/

I've used this one with the mefi controllers. It worked GREAT
Looks like the price is only 191$ if I interpreted the part# and price sheet correctly,I would have went with bigger yet injectors if I had know of these low impedance drivers a few years ago,Smitty

Quick Reply: Engine guru's/ fuel injectors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.