Teague 509" crate motor >

Teague 509" crate motor

Notices

Teague 509" crate motor

Old 06-28-2003, 03:22 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bobby what about without a blower? N/A it should be a good package....
Old 06-28-2003, 08:14 PM
bobby daniels

I don't know the facts I just know they did everything they could to talk me out of building up a 575 to 600 N/A motor for a boat ,,I thought it was a good idea but they missed my buss. as I beleave what they told me ,,,but again its their sales experances
that drove them to tell me this I have never tried one !!

Old 06-30-2003, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You get what you pay for, my advice is build it yourself at least you know what your getting.
Old 07-01-2003, 11:02 AM
Registered

BUILDING A MOTOR WITHOUT A DYNO IS CALLED DOING IT PROPERLEY AND KNOWING YOUR MATH. ANY DYNO CAN BE PUMPED UP AND EACH DYNO IS DIFFRENT SO WHATS THE POINT. EVERY MOTOR I GOT FROM TEAGUE WAS SOLID. EVERY MOTOR BUILDER BLOWS A MOTOR NOW AND THEN. BUT BOB STANDS BEHIND HIS MOTORS.

FIREWALKER. THE BEST THING TO DO IS CALL BOB HIMSELF AND ASK ABOUT THE MOTOR. BETTER FROM THE HORSE MOUTH THEN HEARSAY. IF HE SELLS IT HE WILL STAND BEHIND IT.

TREADWELL
Old 07-01-2003, 11:48 AM
Registered

i think if teague puts his name on it it good to go
my 02 cnts
Old 07-01-2003, 01:51 PM
Adivanman

I think that Treadwell hit it on the head. Screw this typical OSO innuendo and hearsay and ask the guy who builds it.

Who cares if he does or does not have his own dyno? That in itself does not mean that the engine is or is not good, nor does it mean that he does not know what it makes. I have never had my own dyno but when I need one there are several that I can go to for the day. Besides, if you truly think that "dyno tuning" has any relevance besides establishing a broad base line, you read too many magazines. Unless you can find a dyno room at sea level, heated to 95 degrees with 80% humidity and a salt mist in the air. The problem then would be convincing the dyno operator to stop giving that dial another twist.

And who says that this is just a World Products crate motor with a cam and a pan and an MSD? Never mind, that was bobby d. Can anyone back that baby up? Didn't think so. Besides, I did not know that World crate big blocks had inconel valves. Unless these are (gasp) not World crate engines, in which case there was no point to the comparison.

And although I have never dealt with Teague (he is too far away) his reputation for quality is excellent and his knowledge rivals many of the experts here.

Call Teague, find out what the real deal is.