Procharger install ( Update )

Old 04-28-2004, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharger install ( Update )

95 28ft Nordic with a 454MAG EFI. M1 procharger
Here is the original post for help;
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...threadid=75435

Long story short. We sent the ECU in to get it reprogrammed. The plugs looked very lean so we increased the fuel pressure to 40 and then 45, which looks just about right. The motor didn't sound quit right so we messed around with the timing and that didn't matter. So we started with the basics and checked all of the plugs and found a cracked plug. OK so that's the problem right! NOPE
So we keep looking and checked the cap and the wiring order. no problem found. Then we started looking for anything like vacumm lines and wiring and wallauuuu, I found an injector plug that wasn't locked in place and had worked it's way loose, so we pulled the plenum and plugged it back in and it runs great now.
We had 6 people in the boat so we were loaded down pretty good, but it has great acceleration, and we hit around 70 without really trying. The wind was about 30 and we rolled over about 2 1/2 - 3 ft chop like nothing.
This weekend if the weather cooperates we will run it with the GPS and a lighter load, check the timing and check plugs and set the fuel pressure for a good plug reading and all should be good.
We were running the 28 lab Bravo1 and hit 4700 rpm's. If the RPM's don't increase a lot we will try a 26 and see what the results are, but my friend is as happy as a drunk in a liquor cabinet.
He was ready to pull the Procharger off and run the boat stock, but it's funny because it still wouldn't have run worth a crap either. I keep telling him we would figure it out, and finally we did.

Thanks for everyones help on the other post. I will let you know the results. I hope this weekend works out. The weather is supposed to be about 65-75, so we should be able to get it dialed in. This site is just the best resource for HP boat questions.
Old 04-29-2004, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Persistance pays and the rewards are great

Keep us posted on your final numbers in the Nordic.
We just got done running the Heatwave Poker run in our newly rebuilt ProCharged Nordic 28
Attached Thumbnails Procharger install ( Update )-heatwave.jpg  
Old 04-29-2004, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like fun.
We are going to try some more testing this weekend if the weather cooperates. I will let you know the final numbers once we have something to tell.
NordicHeat, what kind of numbers are you getting with that 540 in there and how much boost are you running?
Old 04-30-2004, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The only GPS run we had was 85.2 @ 5600 with a stock 30. She was still pulling so there may be a few more. I didn't want to run the new motor too hard
I'm running ~6 lbs.
Dave