Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Midwest
Whats new for LOTO for 08. Bars? Restaurant's? Land or Water? >

Whats new for LOTO for 08. Bars? Restaurant's? Land or Water?

Notices

Whats new for LOTO for 08. Bars? Restaurant's? Land or Water?

Old 02-26-2008, 01:24 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,826 Likes on 911 Posts

I'm not sure exactly, but thats pretty close. I'm not up the Gravois that much and when I am, I'm usually at a freinds house at the 6mm and have only been higher up a couple times. I know Jolly Rogers is up there also, and I've heard mixed reviews about them.

Last edited by Griff; 02-26-2008 at 01:26 AM.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:18 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, it is just past the old time out on the left. used to be the location of the other kelly's port marina.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Anyone know if Time Out is re-opening? I used to like that place, but hated the docks.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
I'm not sure exactly, but thats pretty close. I'm not up the Gravois that much and when I am, I'm usually at a freinds house at the 6mm and have only been higher up a couple times. I know Jolly Rogers is up there also, and I've heard mixed reviews about them.
I tried to go to Jolly Rogers once but it was just oo busy and no place to park that day. From others I talked to it is a fun place to stop, but very mixed reviews on the food, mostly not so good.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
I tried to go to Jolly Rogers once but it was just oo busy and no place to park that day. From others I talked to it is a fun place to stop, but very mixed reviews on the food, mostly not so good.
We went to Jolly Rogers once last year and I must say they have a great atmosphere and the Mist sprayers everywhere are a definate plus. The parking was sparce (weird as well because you park either backed in or nosed in to shore) and the day we were there was a stout wind blowing from the south which made it particularily interesting. You literally had to help the person next to you park or there was going to be problems.

I am excited for the coconuts place this year as well as up at JP's. With a small child the places with beaches make my life much easier!!
Old 02-27-2008, 06:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by baywatch
We went to Jolly Rogers once last year and I must say they have a great atmosphere and the Mist sprayers everywhere are a definate plus. The parking was sparce (weird as well because you park either backed in or nosed in to shore) and the day we were there was a stout wind blowing from the south which made it particularily interesting. You literally had to help the person next to you park or there was going to be problems.

I am excited for the coconuts place this year as well as up at JP's. With a small child the places with beaches make my life much easier!!
The day we were there the wind was wicked. It was the deciding factor on not bothering to wait for a spot to open up. I wasn't sure I could keep the nose stable enough to get in. Then even if I did, you got to wonder about the next guy coming in.

Do you boat at LOTO regularly? I can't recall seeing your apache down there, but I would love to see it....

As far as places with beaches, I assume you frequent Frankie and Louis'. It is a kids paradise. We go there all the time.

Last edited by Mentalpause; 02-27-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Definately a wicked wind the day we were there. We had a double slip open up when we were pulling in so I was able to get it in there ( one of those events when you have to really power it to get it into position before the wind has you lookin like a fool).

I was concerned about who would try and park next to me but I nice guy and his family in their lip ship top gun pulled up so I got on my bow and spotted them while pulling in ( the wind was so strong we almost had to walk it in by hand).

We have a two year old so we are @ F&L's or Captn Rons just about every time we are down.

I'll be sure to say hello if we see you out.
Attached Thumbnails Whats new for LOTO for 08. Bars? Restaurant's? Land or Water?-apache-running-small-.jpg  
Old 02-27-2008, 08:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 52 Likes on 16 Posts

We went to the Jolly Rodger a couple times and I'll agree there aren't a whole lot of spaces but the deck hands did a good job bringing us in...it's really nice on a Sunday afternoon to have some cocktails...

Really looking forward to seeing what Coconuts has to offer it's really close by and looks like it's going to be a pretty nice place...
Old 02-27-2008, 10:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by baywatch
Definately a wicked wind the day we were there. We had a double slip open up when we were pulling in so I was able to get it in there ( one of those events when you have to really power it to get it into position before the wind has you lookin like a fool).

I was concerned about who would try and park next to me but I nice guy and his family in their lip ship top gun pulled up so I got on my bow and spotted them while pulling in ( the wind was so strong we almost had to walk it in by hand).

We have a two year old so we are @ F&L's or Captn Rons just about every time we are down.

I'll be sure to say hello if we see you out.
I look forward to hooking up sometime this summer. We are heading down tomorrow at noon, but not boating this weekend.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:09 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Griff! Will defenetly have to check out Coconuts. Sounds like things are in fast forward & there gearing up for the Shoot out
ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Whats new for LOTO for 08. Bars? Restaurant's? Land or Water?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.