Notices

2009 Thor

Old 10-15-2009, 10:29 PM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paul...

That is absolutely awsome!

I believe that the record speed for a single engine cat is around 142.

I think you are going to beat that.

Beautiful boat,

Chris
Old 10-16-2009, 02:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is EFFFING sick!!!!!!! I had no idea a Thor could go that fast with one motor. Is this a special layup on this hull? I see lots of DCB's that go this fast.........with 2 motors! You will soon need a new speedo!
Old 10-16-2009, 06:23 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Congrats, WOW, that's hauling the mail!
How much HP is that monster making?
Awesome,
Dean
Old 10-16-2009, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

He said 1200-1300 hp in an earlier post. Congrats, that is awesome. Who built the engine?
Eddie
Old 10-16-2009, 02:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CB-BLR
Paul...

That is absolutely awsome!

I believe that the record speed for a single engine cat is around 142.

I think you are going to beat that.

Beautiful boat,

Chris
I believe that record is "Bravo Style" drive which the NXT isn't, and I'm not sure what it is, but it's gotta be higher then 142. Their are some cats that run extremely hard with a single engine. (non Bravo style / # 6 drive)

Point in fact there is single engine / single drive boats that will run 140's that are 21 - 23' long. My buddy Mark has a 22.6 Stoker with a bravo on it that has run 141. (Mod VP bottom)

On a side note, that hatch ram system is pretty "hokie" to say the least. I'd be a little concerned about a cross wind etc.. at those speeds catching the hatch wrong and ripping it off the back of the boat. I'm surprised it even works with the rams being at mounting locations / different angles. (I'm guessing the only reason that it does is if one ram gets out ahead of the other it lightens the load and allows the other ram to catch up)

The mounting on the actual hatch would be the prime concern. The bars running sideways over to the rams is no bueno. I understand why they did it so they wouldn't have to drill any more holes in the hatch, but I think just some billet cover plates over the original locations, and bolting the actual rams to the hatch would be a better idea, or it might come back to bite you in the ass later.

Awesome boat though, and 140's is flat haulin ass!!! Congragulations on the #'s. I think it's safe to say if anything runs up along side of you there's about 99.999999% chance, there gonna get waxed.

RD

Last edited by RiverDave; 10-21-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Young Performance
He said 1200-1300 hp in an earlier post. Congrats, that is awesome. Who built the engine?
Eddie
The motor was built as was the turbo system by George and crew at Turbo Technology Inc. There website is www.turbotechnologyinc.com Good bunch of guy that build some really cool stuff without charging a arm and a leg.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:20 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Crazy Fast!!! We need some video when you get a chance. Nice Job!!!!
Old 10-17-2009, 10:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RiverDave
I believe that record is "Bravo Style" drive which the NXT isn't, and I'm not sure what it is, but it's gotta be higher then 142. Their are some cats that run extremely hard with a single engine. (non Bravo style / # 6 drive)

Point in fact there is single engine / single drive boats that will run 140's that are 21 - 23' long. My buddy Mark has a 22.6 Stoker with a bravo on it that has run 141. (Mod VP bottom)

On a side note, that hatch ram system is pretty "hokie" to say the least. I'd be a little concerned about a cross wind etc.. at those speeds catching the hatch wrong and ripping it off the back of the boat. I'm surprised it even works with the rams being at mounting locations / different angles. (I'm guessing the only reason that it does is if one ram gets out ahead of the other it lightens the load and allows the other ram to catch up)

The mounting on the actual hatch would be the prime concern. The bars running sideways over to the rams is no bueno. I understand why they did it so they wouldn't have to drill any more holes in the hatch, but I think just some billet cover plates over the original locations, and bolting the actual rams to the hatch would be a better idea, or it might come back to bite you in the ass later.

Awesome boat though, and 140's is flat haulin ass!!! Congragulations on the #'s. I think it's safe to say if anything runs up along side of you there's about 99.999999% chance, there gonna get waxed.

RD
River Dave,
The Stokers are not "cats". They are low profile vee bow tunnel vees. Not part of the "cat" conversation. They are smooth water river boats. The Thor would run off in any kind of normal weekend chop, even more in rough water.
Who cares what kind of drive he's running? 140 is smokin'.
And the fabbed up hatch linkages look trick. If they didn't blow off at 140, I think they work.
Membership isn't that expensive, BTW......
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 10-18-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:11 AM
Chris
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
River Dave,
The Stokers are not "cats". They are low profile pointed bow tunnel vees. Not part of the "cat" conversation. They are smooth water river boats. The Thor would run off in any kind of normal weekend chop, even more in rough water.
Who cares what kind of drive he's running? 140 is smokin'.
And the fabbed up hatch linkages look trick. If they didn't blow off at 140, I think they work.
Membership isn't that expensive, BTW......
Steve
Well said,

Chris
Old 10-18-2009, 12:15 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CB-BLR
Well said,

Chris
I agree,

John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.