2009 Thor >

2009 Thor

Notices

2009 Thor

Old 12-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

You might like the boost option to,.........keep all your bases covered so to speak.

Check out the key in these pictures.
Attached Thumbnails 2009 Thor-pa310198.jpg   2009 Thor-pa310196.jpg   2009 Thor-pa310197.jpg  

Old 12-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by CB-BLR
John,

I would think that the turbo setup would be easier on an outdrive due to the fact that it probably doesn't produce as much low end torque as a supercharger, but builds boost more gradually.

In cars that I have built with both turbos and superchargers, the supercharger motored cars seem to be quicker, but the turbo cars seem faster.

I guess that all depends on setup these days though.. what with variable computer controlled waste gates and such.

Chris

Chris,

Your right the turbo's are easier on drives then blowers ( cause it's smooth power ). But in regards to torque that is driven by the builder. Tom has boost under 1,800 RPMS and the torque on the engine above is 1,200 Ft. LBS by 2,200 RPMS.

So in respect to you and anyone interested in progress Turbo technology has come a long ways if your working with the right people. ( And I'm not saying none of you are )

P.S. If you take the same power blower engine VS. this Turbo Engine,..........the turbo out accerates
by about 5 boat lenght's before they even no what happened. Kinda embarrasing and fun all at the same time.

Hope that helps,........great thread.

Nice boat Nordic 1

Take care
Jon

Last edited by cougarman; 12-06-2009 at 07:08 PM.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know what happened with this boat? Any more performance numbers? How did the engine hold up? Cant seem to find out any thing after this post. I have a Thor and considering going twin turbo as well on the 598 efi thats in it now. Would love to hear how this boat did with some time on it. Thanks