2009 Thor >

2009 Thor

Notices

2009 Thor

Old 10-18-2009, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RiverDave
I believe that record is "Bravo Style" drive which the NXT isn't, and I'm not sure what it is, but it's gotta be higher then 142. Their are some cats that run extremely hard with a single engine. (non Bravo style / # 6 drive)

Point in fact there is single engine / single drive boats that will run 140's that are 21 - 23' long. My buddy Mark has a 22.6 Stoker with a bravo on it that has run 141. (Mod VP bottom)

On a side note, that hatch ram system is pretty "hokie" to say the least. I'd be a little concerned about a cross wind etc.. at those speeds catching the hatch wrong and ripping it off the back of the boat. I'm surprised it even works with the rams being at mounting locations / different angles. (I'm guessing the only reason that it does is if one ram gets out ahead of the other it lightens the load and allows the other ram to catch up)

The mounting on the actual hatch would be the prime concern. The bars running sideways over to the rams is no bueno. I understand why they did it so they wouldn't have to drill any more holes in the hatch, but I think just some billet cover plates over the original locations, and bolting the actual rams to the hatch would be a better idea, or it might come back to bite you in the ass later.

Awesome boat though, and 140's is flat haulin ass!!! Congragulations on the #'s. I think it's safe to say if anything runs up along side of you there's about 99.999999% chance, there gonna get waxed.

RD
Sounds like another hater. I think the ram are just fine. I own a thor and the room around the sides of the engine where the rams mount is not that great. They made it work with what space they had. How many fountains have you seen with one hatch accuator in the middle have broken, none that I know of. Give the man credit and stay off his thread if you are going to be a douch bag
Old 10-18-2009, 09:59 AM
Registered

I 100% agree.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:36 AM
OCM
Registered

We know one thing for sure! Pual has the fastest Nordic thor ever!
Years ago I tryed to brake that single engine cat record.( 144.4) .
We could not keep the drive together long enough. I wish we where running a thor not brand x. The fastest speed we seen wAs 141.and that was with 1600hp.
You have one bas --- ride!!!!
And thank you for letting us be part of it.
Tim
Old 10-18-2009, 12:34 PM
Registered

I'm curious bout the plumbing. How do you keep all the turbos & exhaust cool under the hatch? I saw the video of the Rage. Thought that was insane, this redefines fast!
Old 10-18-2009, 02:11 PM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 90mphRAGE
I'm curious bout the plumbing. How do you keep all the turbos & exhaust cool under the hatch?
Paul,
I am curious about this also... how do you keep the exhaust... and especially the turbo's... cool?

Chris

P.S. I also really appreciate you sharing your accomplishment with us.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:57 AM
Registered

All the exhaust is water cooled, the exhaust housings were coated and then we had blankets made for them, heat is no problem.

I know the motor compartment needs some detail work but like i said i got a late start on it and wanted to get it on the water. The "Engine Hatch" works just fine.

We will be going for the record next year, and will try to do it on pump gas, but if that doesn't work I have some c-16 and that will definitely get it done.

How can i find out what the record is?
Old 10-19-2009, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OCM
Years ago I tryed to brake that single engine cat record.( 144.4) .

Tim
Set by Steve Columbe - HTM SS-24

Just because people were asking.

That Nordic Thor is SICK !!!! Congrats on the 140 and the turbo setup is slick as hell !
Old 10-19-2009, 08:06 PM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paul,

144.4 mph was the fastest I could find also for a single engine cat on the internet.

As I said before... I think you can beat that.

Chris
Old 10-19-2009, 08:12 PM
Registered

Cool

Wasn't trying to hate on the guys Nordic. My apollogies if the post came off "that" negatively, it wasn't meant too and in retrospect perhaps could've been worded better. Just trying to clarify a couple of things, and certainly wasn't trying to piss on the parade so to speak.

140+ is impressive for any single engine small boat, and that at the end of the day is all that matters.

Congragulations on the #'s.

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
River Dave,
The Stokers are not "cats". They are low profile vee bow tunnel vees. Not part of the "cat" conversation. They are smooth water river boats. The Thor would run off in any kind of normal weekend chop, even more in rough water.
Who cares what kind of drive he's running? 140 is smokin'.
And the fabbed up hatch linkages look trick. If they didn't blow off at 140, I think they work.
Membership isn't that expensive, BTW......
Steve
Steve, a Stoker is a cat, not a tunnel vee or whatever you called it. You are equating a "cat" with two pointy things in the front, and not the actual bottom of the boat. They are both air entrapment hulls, both have center pods. Hence the comparison. The other reason for the comparison was because someone said that was the record for a single engine cat. I was simply pointing out that the record being referred too was a "Bravo" record, and it had to be higher than that, as this example of a playboat (running a Bravo) has run 141.

Again it wasn't meant to take anything away from this guys Nordic. Running 140 with a single motor in a cat that small is a testiment to the boat, the driver, the setup, and a pair of balls that clank.

Membership isn't that expensive, BTW......
Steve
Is that to demean my opinion or qualify yours? I've been on here for about 3 days now. Forgive me for not running out and getting a membership just yet. Jesus..

RD
Old 10-19-2009, 08:22 PM
Registered

Talking

Originally Posted by johnlomant
Sounds like another hater. I think the ram are just fine. I own a thor and the room around the sides of the engine where the rams mount is not that great. They made it work with what space they had. How many fountains have you seen with one hatch accuator in the middle have broken, none that I know of. Give the man credit and stay off his thread if you are going to be a douch bag
Johnlomant, I am not a hater of any sort. I actually like the Nordic Thor, and what Randy D. has done with the company etc..

Just pointing out "at Speed" (140+), that setup with the hatch rams has all kinds of failure written all over it. It wouldn't take much..

RD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.