Sponsorship Pricing >

Sponsorship Pricing

Notices

Sponsorship Pricing

Old 03-16-2008, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sponsorship Pricing

What the talk of racing sponsorships I also feel that it can be extremely valuable for businesses. With having a traveling billboard there are multiple events you could do to get to secure sponsorships. I'm looking at getting into a P-5 boat and want to start approaching prospective sponsors now to see what I can get.

The type of sponsors I'll be targeting will be the smaller companies.

My question is what are the price points you should figure, when trying to secure a sponsor?
What are some of the dollar amounts I can ask for/expect to get?

What I was thinking for when approaching a prospective sponsor is to break it up into 3 categories.

Executive Sponsor - Name of company across boat, on trailer, t-shirts, covered in all literature, ECT. ECT. ECT.

Intermediate Sponsor - Med. Sized logo of Sponsors Company on boat, covered in all literature, t-shirts

Personal Sponsor - Small company logo on boat (if available), 2 T-Shirts

This is just something I've been thinking about. Figured someone could shed a little advice from there experience.

Thanks.

David
Old 03-16-2008, 06:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Dave, for me...I'll take almost anything right now until I can prove that my boat will get a load of press and air time.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:26 PM
Racer
Racer

I figured a budget for the year and used that as a starting point. Than brake the boat up into sections (or %)

Lets say you figure on spending 10k and the Executive Sponsor gets over 55% of the boats signage, shirts and poster - than I would say 5500.00 would be what I would ask, Thats the simple formula most MX/SX Teams use.

Myself, I'm asking for money to bankroll the team and not pad my pockets - not yet . I'm just looking for enough money to cover the Travel, Gas, Hotels and food.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:46 PM
Registered

Augie/Rick

Thanks for the feedback.

Rick- I'm thinking the same thing I'm not looking to line my pockets, I'm just going to be looking for money to cover some of the expenses$$$.

I'm going to work on it.

Thanks!

David
Old 03-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick
I figured a budget for the year and used that as a starting point. Than brake the boat up into sections (or %)

Lets say you figure on spending 10k and the Executive Sponsor gets over 55% of the boats signage, shirts and poster - than I would say 5500.00 would be what I would ask, Thats the simple formula most MX/SX Teams use.

Myself, I'm asking for money to bankroll the team and not pad my pockets - not yet . I'm just looking for enough money to cover the Travel, Gas, Hotels and food.

Hope this helps.
How do I get in line for the $5500.00 guy? What I have found is one friend who cut me a deal on the purchase of the boat in exchange for his company name on it and one company that offered intercoms at cost with free install for there name placment. I thought that was not to bad with the boat still on the trailer and not having run a race yet.