Notices

Royal Purple poker run

Old 06-18-2007, 10:24 AM
gcoffshore.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when will the Calc Boat Club poker run be. I may want to ride over with you John Oyea I seen your dad and mon at swamp waters yesterday we went and ate there for fathers day in my father in laws new to him boat.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:46 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

The CBC Poker Run is 8/25, the last weekend before Labor Day Weekend. Registration starts at 8 am at the club if you are not preregistered. Our stops are starting to recover from Rita so we should be back to full party capability by August.

Usually the cost is $25/person which includes some drinks at a couple of stops and dinner. I will scan an entry form and post or email it to you guys when they come out. If there are enough performance boats we could organize a side run to air it out a little bit.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jmeng
What kind of shape is Slidell in now? Is the resteraunt open in Eden Isles (Phil Oyster Bar or something like that)? Used to love making that run over there.
The Dock was the place we stopped at. It's right at the entrance to Eden Isles. Just a little bar & grill type place though. I wouldn't call it a restaurant. The homes we could see from the bar looked to be rebuilt and in great shape.

Was a fun run but I don't know how many people would have wanted to follow us over there. It was a steady diet of 4 & 5 footers with the occasional rogue 6 or 7 footer. Put it this way, when we stopped a couple times to regroup (read: take a leak and down another beverage) the waves were breaking over the bow of the boat!
Old 06-18-2007, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know the place you're talking about. With the way the wind was blowing Saturday I figured the lake was kicked up.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by zitoracing
when will the Calc Boat Club poker run be. I may want to ride over with you John Oyea I seen your dad and mon at swamp waters yesterday we went and ate there for fathers day in my father in laws new to him boat.
Yeah, they said they saw you. The Calc run is the weekend after emerald coast, not sure if I'm bringing my boat or mooching a ride with someone over there. Just realized thats the same weekend as the moonlight cruise, think I'd rather do the poker run though. Went last year and partied HARD!
Old 06-18-2007, 02:50 PM
gcoffshore.com
Platinum Member

Man I love the midnight cruise. Croozin2 you need to come to that one its aug 25 we do it in the lake on the blind river side
its a blast
Old 06-18-2007, 04:30 PM
Registered

Man I love the midnight cruise. Croozin2 you need to come to that one its aug 25 we do it in the lake on the blind river side
its a blast
Ty do you think your boat will be ready for that?
Old 06-18-2007, 04:40 PM
Registered

LMAO

Nate, somethings screwed up with your PMs, won't let me send one.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

its a blast
That's a possibility but I'll hire a designated skipper. Don't trust my eyesight that much anymore to run across the lake after dark (unless it's absolutely necessary, of course ).
Old 06-18-2007, 05:05 PM
Registered

We schedule it when theres a full moon, its suprising how much you can see. But its a good night to have a designated driver with you.

Quick Reply: Royal Purple poker run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.