Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Hamton Roads - Power for a Cure Poker Run  - latest info >

Hamton Roads - Power for a Cure Poker Run - latest info

Notices

Hamton Roads - Power for a Cure Poker Run - latest info

Old 08-24-2009, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep, when you tell the bartenders they are working for tips they dress for the job!
Old 08-24-2009, 09:42 AM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

AWESOME event, I have been doing this a long time and this was a great time. I liked the structured agenda and rules, also having the party private made for allot more fun with the people you want to hang out with, let alone cheaper and better drinks.

Yep the picture of my boat in the bra trick worked well to earn extra money for a GREAT cause. I am ready to sign up now and reserve my room for 2010, I know I will be there as a civilian this time! And maybe that bartender will call me! LOL

Thank you to everyone for the hard work that went into this event, two awesome days of fun.
Bryan
Old 08-24-2009, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am glad everyone enjoyed the first ACS Poker Run. All the work and effort put into this event made it worthwhile to see everybody having fun.
This Poker Run could not have been successful without the people who attended. You are the ones who made this a great event.
I would like to thank the teams who traveled from out of town to attend. From Richmond to Smith Mountain Lake and as far away as Bristol. The Poker Run Team from Bristol won our Longest Tow award.
We have much more in store for next year....stay tuned in.
We will start working on the video shortly. We plan to release the video sometime during the winter. We have a method to our madness!!!!

Last edited by ROGMAN; 08-24-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:13 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A quick copy and paste from Chuck Guthrie, owner of one of the larger local marinas:

Hard working group,

I have posted a few pictures from the event.

http://blog.charleswguthrie.com/

Great time

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 08-24-2009, 02:08 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Heard nothing but great things from a few texts over the weekend. Also neighbor across the street (B Crofton) met a friend in a red 42 Fountain(?) at the pool during the lunch stop. He came back and said "Rick I wanna ride with you next year on this one, I didn't think these poker runs were like this!".... He also jokingly said the PB types needed some work on their docking skills....p:

Sorry I missed it, and everyone who showed up for it. Had a weird summer and the big dumper, the recent passing of my dad. Just didn't get my swagger back in time to energize and participate. Definitely will be re-focused and 100% for next year the good lord willing.

Congrats to the whole crew for pulling it off. I can personally vouch it's a lot of time and work and a labor of love. I look forward to what I'm sure will be an even bigger and better effort next year.

Now....more pics!
Old 08-24-2009, 02:37 PM
Registered

Rick, missed seeing ya, was'nt the same without you, sorry about your father, we hope to see you next year!
Old 08-24-2009, 02:44 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Reckless32
Now....more pics!
So very sorry about your dad!!!!!

But here are more pics as requested!
Attached Thumbnails Hamton Roads - Power for a Cure Poker Run  - latest info-2009-poker-run-008.jpg   Hamton Roads - Power for a Cure Poker Run  - latest info-2009-poker-run-014.jpg   Hamton Roads - Power for a Cure Poker Run  - latest info-2009-poker-run-015.jpg  

Hamton Roads - Power for a Cure Poker Run  - latest info-2009-poker-run-017.jpg   Hamton Roads - Power for a Cure Poker Run  - latest info-2009-poker-run-018.jpg  

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 08-24-2009, 02:46 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Congrats to our best dressed crew: Brian & Luree Harris, Bill & Michelle Lempke!!!
Attached Thumbnails Hamton Roads - Power for a Cure Poker Run  - latest info-2009-poker-run-035.jpg   Hamton Roads - Power for a Cure Poker Run  - latest info-2009-poker-run-041.jpg  

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 08-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BillR
This picture cost me $5 bux.

I was told that the bartender has a Donzi boat on her boob and for $5 bux; would show it. The fact that I was feeling no pain and that she was SMOKIN hot had nothing do with my judgement! So, she reaches deep, almost gave everyone at the bar a thrill, and pulls out . . . . . . . . . A picture of Bryan Tuvell's boat - on her boob. Hook, line and sinker.
It cost me a 10 spot !!!!!
Old 08-24-2009, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Reckless32
Heard nothing but great things from a few texts over the weekend. Also neighbor across the street (B Crofton) met a friend in a red 42 Fountain(?) at the pool during the lunch stop. He came back and said "Rick I wanna ride with you next year on this one, I didn't think these poker runs were like this!".... He also jokingly said the PB types needed some work on their docking skills....p:

Sorry I missed it, and everyone who showed up for it. Had a weird summer and the big dumper, the recent passing of my dad. Just didn't get my swagger back in time to energize and participate. Definitely will be re-focused and 100% for next year the good lord willing.

Congrats to the whole crew for pulling it off. I can personally vouch it's a lot of time and work and a labor of love. I look forward to what I'm sure will be an even bigger and better effort next year.

Now....more pics!
We missed you LOT'S !!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.