Hamton Roads - Power for a Cure Poker Run  - latest info >

Hamton Roads - Power for a Cure Poker Run - latest info

Notices

Hamton Roads - Power for a Cure Poker Run - latest info

Old 08-23-2009, 03:34 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ciaoderhead
Hope the other Bill didn't put a damper on things!!! Looking forward to some pictures...
NOT! The water was absolutely perfect! And the front, that kept Bill away from us, waited until we all got back to the dock before letting loose. I'll take that anyday over a hurricane.

OMG, hats off to you guys! Awesome event!! First time I have ever seen Waterside Marina filled up solid with go fasts boats.

OH, and the sight of Cindy, Pat and BillR tending bar until the bartenders showed up was classic! But the bartenders were classic as well. OH MY!!

Last edited by Macklin; 08-23-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WHAT A WEEKEND !!!!!!!

Thanks to all who helped put this together in such short time .

Attached Thumbnails Hamton Roads - Power for a Cure Poker Run  - latest info-pic_esba.jpg  

Last edited by formula 382 sr-1; 08-23-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:20 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

We had an absolute blast!!!!! Everyone involved did a great job!!! The dock party was the only thing that the weather interupted.....and we used that time to meet a few Poker Run new-comers that will certainly be back next year.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to everyone that made this event happen. Everything was absolutely GREAT! Except for maybe a little rain after the event. Can you guys fix that next year
Old 08-23-2009, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got home at 5PM, Lori slept the whole way i believe! we just got finished running the boat in the lake for a quick flush.
awsome time! great people and location thanks to all that put it on
Old 08-23-2009, 07:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by t500hps
We had an absolute blast!!!!! Everyone involved did a great job!!! The dock party was the only thing that the weather interupted.....and we used that time to meet a few Poker Run new-comers that will certainly be back next year.
Are you sure that the Body Shots did not scare them away ????
Old 08-23-2009, 07:58 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My most sincere THANK YOU to everyone who put their trust in us, and tried a brand new event. We reached FULL CAPACITY about 6 or 7 days before the run - WOW!

I have received nothing but positive comments, but 2 comments really stand out. Someone said they they have attended many of "the big" poker runs all over the country, and that our event was actually more fun and better organized than most of those "big events".
The other stand out comment was from someone who was not local. He was blown away with how good the event was! He was from out of town, and what impressed him was how an "out of towner" like him was welcomed and made to feel like everyone in attendance had been friends for years!

Cameras were all over the place; I am sure the pictures will start getting posted as soon as everyone recovers. I think several will need new livers after the last 2 days . . . .
I know that I am whooped.

The committee will meet this week and start discussing next years event. We have some more VERY good ideas!! We will fine tune things and make it even bigger and better for next year, So if you think this years event was good - wait until next year, and plan for a Friday and Saturday chock full of things to do and entertainment!!! The best is yet to come! So tell everyone you know that they do not want to miss the 2nd annual American Cancer Society's Powerboating for a Cure Poker Run!!!

Again, many thanks for all the great folks that put their trust in us. We are humbled that so many took us at our word that we would put on a GOOD, safe and fun event. Also, thank you for helping us to raise money for the American Cancer Society! Hopefully we can get closer to a cure!

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron

Last edited by BillR; 08-23-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

My hat is off to very one that help put this event on !!!! I had a great time and will be back next year. It was nice to see friends, and to meet new friends.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Harvey
My hat is off to very one that help put this event on !!!! I had a great time and will be back next year. It was nice to see friends, and to meet new friends.
Did your prop look ok after you put the boat on the trailer? I am calling The City of Portsmouth about the ramp.

It was great to see you Harvey and I love your new boat.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

What an awesome run...... really hard to believe that this was a first time for this event.... extremely well organized..... the fact that you get to experience different water conditions from the river to the bay really make for a unique run...... congratulations to people involved in putting this event together..... you have laid the foundation for what could become one of the premier poker runs on the east coast

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.