Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
skater prices >

skater prices

Notices

skater prices

Old 12-20-2013, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

i just stumbled on to this thread,all i can say is,i darr you to reveal your secret on glass repair.this thread is quite the JIM dandy!
Old 12-20-2013, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
i just stumbled on to this thread,all i can say is,i darr you to reveal your secret on glass repair.this thread is quite the JIM dandy!
It's not Darr have seen this guys posts on facebook, But I do wonder if Darr is his dad.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:23 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by baditude
It's not Darr have seen this guys posts on facebook, But I do wonder if Darr is his dad.

you are correct, its not darr. I actually did talk to this guy (kid) a month or two ago. went into some pretty good detail about a few of my projects as well as an automated process that I developed, many on here dont know that I am a degreed engineer . . . . which is why I am curious about his answer to my question.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 12-21-2013, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 315duramax
not sure off hand. i am just going off that the 40 was hooked up to a ford 350 in some pics the guy sent me so i figured i would be able to haul it to my shop from CT. and all the 46's were hooked up to semi's and 5500's etc.
Where are you located in CT?
Old 12-21-2013, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

He is not. The 40' "skater" he spoke of was that pos 39 across the street from Kevin's marina, the one that was backed up to the fence is.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
you are correct, its not darr. I actually did talk to this guy (kid) a month or two ago. went into some pretty good detail about a few of my projects as well as an automated process that I developed, many on here dont know that I am a degreed engineer . . . . which is why I am curious about his answer to my question.
its just a product with a chemical composition that resists adhesion to the resin that i use to create the mold, thats all. and yes i appreciated talking with you dave a few months ago! lots of great info.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its just a product with a chemical composition that resists adhesion to the resin that i use to create the mold, thats all. and yes i appreciated talking with you dave a few months ago! lots of great info.

Pics or it didn't happen.....
Old 12-21-2013, 03:06 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

thanks, we did have a long chat and I appreciate your enthusiasm. trust me I have been there and done that, been self employed nearly my whole life. I have been reading your posts lately and, please take this as constructively as you can, take a few steps back and lead with the things you've done not the things your going to do. I see a lot of "im gonna this and im gonna that" and thats all well and good but in this biz it will kill you. not purchasing a boat because it wont fit through a shop door is an easy out and while you may very well "want to" purchase it becomes a waste of time for people that are deeply rooted in this biz. the very people you want on your side. again I can appreciate your enthusiasm but keep it in check chasing boats is not like chasing cars. I have been in the biz for a long time the math for flipping boats is a complex equation and is not what you think it is. feel free to call anytime I am always up for talking boats. in this biz your not necessarily in competition with others, all the smartest and best shops/people seem to work together on many levels. you burn enough bridges and you end up on an island all by yourself.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 12-21-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

Oh I know that. Appreciate it. And as I said, I'm not looking for an out, just need to move into a bigger shop before I can purchase the boat. I know that alot of places work together, and I have done alot in this line of work but none of which will interest alot of people. Alot of people are just jumping on the band wagon of hating. I've owned multiple businesses and actually sold 2 already. Have investors lined up mainly just because of my business plan. I'm not just some kid hoping and wishing. And saying "oh I can do it screw what you say" I appreciate what y'all say and know that I won't shut you all up until you see pics so just hold on, I'm workin on somethin here
Old 01-14-2014, 12:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While we wait let me tell you all about an idea that I'm currently trying to patent. I have designed a way to do major structural repairs to fiberglass boats using nothing but Saran Wrap and candle wax. We are having great (ok,maybe not great) successes in the far north, but cant quite get it to work in the southern climates.

Wish us luck....