skater prices >

skater prices

Notices

skater prices

Old 10-23-2013, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts
Default skater prices

hey guys new here. looking at building a custom skater. everything i own i customize. obviously will be looking at resale value right now. custom work aside. i have 2 options... this is what i gather from talking to both sellers.

boat #1 is a 1997 46' with twin 1200's 4 person race boat. needs drives and props. will be put under the knife and the cock pit will be opened up like the pleasure boats with a wrap around wind shield. custom wrap or paint. with trailer. want this as my first choice but my 2500 duramax wouldnt haul it. trailer is only a pintle hitch so i figured the market size would be a fraction of what the 40' would be. because your going to need a special rig to haul a boat of this size.

boat #2 is a 1990 40' skater built twin 598's, speed master 3 drives, rebuilt velvet trans, stelling headers, new interior, will have new paint or wrap. built by don arranow. with trailer. non pintle.

what i was thinking was, with boat #1 being almost 10 years newer, way bigger motors, probably turn out way sicker, obviously it will be worth thousands more than boat #2 but boat #2 would probably sell alot quicker due to the smaller size and any 2500-3500 diesel truck could pull it...

thoughts on this? ive found prices for boat #1 anywhere from 120-190k for that year with similar mods. but i have yet to find a 90 40' for sale anyways so i cant judge on price. and with going through trying to sell my 03 dmax, banks dont loan out on older boats, so unless someone had like 100k at least chilling in an account i would probably sit on these boats for a very long time no matter what the price...

thoughts on prices? been searching and searching but cant find much on boat #2 help would be appreciated thanks...
Old 10-23-2013, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 10-23-2013, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

The 40' that you mention is that the "Rare, Rare" boat listed for 15K........I guess Peter would be interested to know Don was splashing designing Skaters

http://www.classifiedads.com/boats-ad63954294.htm
Old 10-23-2013, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Don't think I have ever seen a set of 3's on a 40 skater
Old 10-23-2013, 02:53 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Buy number one and get a custom semi ...
Old 10-23-2013, 03:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

order a brand new one..... easier to customize
Old 10-23-2013, 10:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by speicher lane
The 40' that you mention is that the "Rare, Rare" boat listed for 15K........I guess Peter would be interested to know Don was splashing designing Skaters

http://www.classifiedads.com/boats-ad63954294.htm
yes it is. theres pics of it on CL but the paint is the dumbest thing ive ever seen. but i was just curious what kind of prices i could see if i made either of these boats a sweet sharp looking boat? anything to look out for in the 1200's or the 598's? i like the hull of the 40 better, but the 46 is a better deal all said and done. but like i said, i feeel like a 46 would just be so limited to a market... thoughts on that?
Old 10-23-2013, 10:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hopper
order a brand new one..... easier to customize
im 19, business student and starting to build a custom powerboat shop... not about to order a 400k boat... and theres nothing fun in ordering a new one... trust me, with what i have coming with either of these 2 boats if i pull the trigger on either, if it was possible, i better patten my ideas is all im sayin..
Old 10-23-2013, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

I've got to ask you. Do you know what it costs to run those boats and ownership costs? I thought I read on here your 19yrs old and I think you need to research more.

There are offshore boats I've wanted to buy but the yearly cost to run them is more than I want to spend. While the boat may only cost $250k, they cost $80-100k to run each year in fuel and maintenance. Don't bite off more than you can chew with a high end boat. There is a lot to be said for low maintenance turn key boats.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Plowtownmissile
I've got to ask you. Do you know what it costs to run those boats and ownership costs? I thought I read on here your 19yrs old and I think you need to research more.

There are offshore boats I've wanted to buy but the yearly cost to run them is more than I want to spend. While the boat may only cost $250k, they cost $80-100k to run each year in fuel and maintenance. Don't bite off more than you can chew with a high end boat. There is a lot to be said for low maintenance turn key boats.
yes, i know exactly what they cost to run. i have business plan in place and ways to bring revenue to run them. i am researching, ive been building boats and jetskis, and bikes for years. everyone was custom 1 off. i always sell them quick and make a profit. i am not just any 19 year old kid. non the less not what im looking for. i think i may have came across wrong in the original post. i am starting a shop that will restore, modify, flip, fix heavily damaged, high end boats. i have a way of fixing hulls with different technology through our family business that other top notch facilities wont touch. i have been working for some years under other glass repair places along with my own projects. i know what im getting into fully. ive been around boats my whole life, (not race boats) but many types of boats. i am not looking to buy a power boat for me to run with my buddies across the lake... i am looking for boats to find, fix, customize, run it for a month or so until i sell it, then move onto the next. maybe run a poker run or two up at my cottage where My Way and Aquamania reside to market my business.

all i am asking is ROUGHLY what could these boats sell for. high and low side of the scale because mostly all i see selling or for sale are 2004+ All i am really asking. but to answer your question, your completely right, if i was looking at a boat to buy and run and race, it would be way over my head. i researched boat #1 a bit because it was an old race boat that got hit, what i could find was that it was having mechanical difficulty when it got hit. so i am looking more at the 40 right now. also because i would be able to haul the 40 and not need to hire a semi to get the 46 to my shop... but if someone has sold a similar boat or of the sort i would love to have some input.
thanks guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.