Finished Some Projects

Notices

Finished Some Projects

Old 04-19-2009, 09:00 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hp500efi
ok, thanks, now give me the bad news on removal and re-install...what are the do's and dont's
It's pretty easy if you're only replacing the insert. Remove the handle at the swim platform, pull out the old insert. Installing isn't bad, but gets downright easy with 2 people. One holds while the other installs. Heat about 12" with a heat gun and set the bottom in place, they push in the top. A ruber mallet saves wear and tear on your hand. It goes in easy when warm.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Plum_Crazy
I'm finally getting down to the easier items on the list. My side vents had really yellowed. I wanted to replace them with the stainless side vents I saw on the 31SS at the Miami Boat Show. Unfortunately, the cutout is smaller and they wouldn't work. So, I ordered 8 new plastic vents and painted them using an etching primer and white paint. Much more better!

Plum, watching the progress on this boat has made me want a redo...you my friend, made my winter! The boat looks great!

If you can take a picture of the side profile...I'd love to see what you will be floating this summer!
Old 04-19-2009, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by cauzmik
Plum, watching the progress on this boat has made me want a redo...you my friend, made my winter! The boat looks great!

If you can take a picture of the side profile...I'd love to see what you will be floating this summer!

I took this recently when I went out to test all the new trailer brakes.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HiPerf2000
what did you end up doing with the ladder ? i think i might add one this year.
I just got rid of it. The tie-bar, especially in it's new location, is a great step.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:55 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Plum the boat looks great,thats for posting the info,I have to do the rub rail insert also,im dreding it.
Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Registered

Can't use the boat, time for projects again. The launch I use is very steep and it's a pain to crank the boat on the trailer the last couple of feet. You had to get in the water to get enough leverage, even in low gear. In the spring and fall in Minnesota, that's a COLD situation. So, I purchased a Powerwinch RC30 electric winch and thought it would be an easy swap with the hand-crank winch. WRONG! It was too big to fit on the winch stand. Plus, it required a full foot of clearance to the bow eye due to the pulley block system. I had a local welder cut off the top of the support and weld on a 3/8" platform for the winch. Then, I had everything powdercoated an aluminum color. Turned out great. The unit can be operated via a switch on the back or by remote and it has a light for night use. It's powered by the truck's battery. I can't wait to try it out at the ramp!

Old 11-28-2009, 03:12 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice!

I have the same set up only it is an older powerwinch winch. I found it easier to just use the emergency hand crank rather then futz with the battery cables etc...especially when the launch is busy. They definately have some muscle.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Have to ask...Looks like that is a shorter set up than I have on my trailer.Did you shorten that up yourself or did it come like that? Any close ups of the tongue of your trailer? May be interested in the same idea
Attached Thumbnails Finished Some Projects-sonic-002.jpg  
Old 11-28-2009, 12:34 PM
Registered

The welder cut about 7" off the top of the winch stand support before welding on the mounting plate. It's setup so that the cable coming off the winch is even with the bow eye.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Plum_Crazy
The welder cut about 7" off the top of the winch stand support before welding on the mounting plate. It's setup so that the cable coming off the winch is even with the bow eye.
Asking about where your surge brake set up sits.Looks like it sets back father on the trailer.Like some one moved it in comparison to my trailer.

Quick Reply: Finished Some Projects

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.