Diary of a mad man part 2 >

Diary of a mad man part 2

Notices

Diary of a mad man part 2

Old 02-27-2024, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 125 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
Does that seadek or whatever it is have a peal and stick backing ?
Yes it does. Better have it all figured out because it is one and done when you stick it. Preclean with acetone. It was like calculating a lunar landing before I applied it.
The following users liked this post:
Twin O/B Sonic (02-27-2024)
Old 02-28-2024, 05:33 AM
Registered

Received 795 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by tomcei
Yes it does. Better have it all figured out because it is one and done when you stick it. Preclean with acetone. It was like calculating a lunar landing before I applied it.
Tomcei,

I would think it works just like applying vinyls....? Tape it in place, then peel the backing out from under it one half at a time...? Yes/No? Genuine question. We are considering applying SeaDek to our floor, and don't want to farq it up.

Awesome build, BTW. I, too, have a thing for the minimalist look, and the greys have become one of my favorite colors.

How much HP? If you stated, I missed it. Are they really 11.2" deck blocks? I didn't even realize that was a thing.

Thanks. Brad
Old 02-28-2024, 07:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Brad Christy
Tomcei,

I would think it works just like applying vinyls....? Tape it in place, then peel the backing out from under it one half at a time...? Yes/No? Genuine question. We are considering applying SeaDek to our floor, and don't want to farq it up.

Awesome build, BTW. I, too, have a thing for the minimalist look, and the greys have become one of my favorite colors.

How much HP? If you stated, I missed it. Are they really 11.2" deck blocks? I didn't even realize that was a thing.

Thanks. Brad
Thanks Brad, You are correct and that is how i approached it, but the material is fairly ridged so there is no chance of manipulating it like graphics. Once you clean off the surface with Acetone it is seriously sticky. If you have a piece 4 or 5 feet long,,, being off slightly will reveal itself once you are committed. This is especially important when you try to lay two pieces together. I've laid some graphics back in the day and if you discover your off track and you weren't tacking it down too much you could lift up and make some adjustment but not with this stuff. This was my experience anyway.. I suppose you can order more if you mess it up but it isn't cheap.. 800hp / 632
Old 02-28-2024, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

whats the boat going to weigh with motors, drives, hull, sans-fuel and other fluids? what are you expecing to see for MPH?
Old 02-28-2024, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Christy
Tomcei,

Thanks. Brad
most likely 10.2”. Especially since those intakes fit correctly.

Edit: Actually I just realized you have fabricated tunnel rams! Just painted grey. Nice! The 1x4 reducer really annoys me but I’m assuming it will be easier to make it idle and mid range tuning.

Last edited by hogie roll; 02-28-2024 at 09:56 AM.
Old 02-28-2024, 10:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Any concern's with cylinder distribution with a single carb and those intakes ?
Old 02-29-2024, 07:10 AM
Registered

yes, they are 11.1 . google it up and you will find them. and you are correct we fab'd the intakes. I agree with the goofy single. I can easily change the top and run twins but this is what i landed on to start this adventure. I asked the same questions about fuel distribution and was assured it wasn't going to be a problem. Plugs and O2 senors and exh temps were good.

I have not weighed it fully rigged out but i am anticipating a little over 10k lbs. no top speed predictions.
hogie roll (02-29-2024)
Old 02-29-2024, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 795 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by tomcei
yes, they are 11.1 . google it up and you will find them. and you are correct we fab'd the intakes. I agree with the goofy single. I can easily change the top and run twins but this is what i landed on to start this adventure. I asked the same questions about fuel distribution and was assured it wasn't going to be a problem. Plugs and O2 senors and exh temps were good.

I have not weighed it fully rigged out but i am anticipating a little over 10k lbs. no top speed predictions.
Tomcei,

So, what are your numbers in the engines? Bore, stroke, rod length.... You can build a 632 with a 10.2" deck, so I'm curious how you made use of the extra inch of deck height.

I, too, wondered about the single carb. To this layman, it certainly seems like have a carb feeding each of the two clusters of four runners would be ideal. Can't really argue with the results, though. It seems to be working just fine.

Again.... Awesome build.

Thanks. Brad.
Old 03-01-2024, 05:39 AM
Registered

My original intent was to build 700 cubic inches but there were many unfortunate turns along the way, I had planed on a different crank and running 4 carbs but i had to go a different route due to some COVID forced compromises. This engine was being put together at the peak of the supply problems and my industry getting completely shut down. So...i honestly got tired of waiting for parts and saw my budget dwindling so i did a little down sizing to move the project along. I was constantly fighting scope creep.
i'll pull some paper work and see what we did.
Tom
hogie roll (03-01-2024)
Old 03-01-2024, 04:52 PM
Registered

the bore is 4.5" and the stroke is 5" netting 636ci. Still looking for some rod info.
The following 2 users liked this post by tomcei:
hogie roll (03-02-2024), TwoKs (03-04-2024)