Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Active Thunder
Hey Pat...'02 37AVH Question... >

Hey Pat...'02 37AVH Question...

Notices

Hey Pat...'02 37AVH Question...

Old 06-23-2005, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hey Pat...'02 37AVH Question...

BlownRat, The pump is really not that hard to get to. You simply pull up the carpet on the step into the cabin, peel back the Pirelli and you will see a piece of wood cut in the shape of an oval. Pry it up and you will see the pump.

It originally had a float on it. But due to the angle that the float set at it would bind up and not work properly. I had Pat send me a new pump and initially installed it using the shower switch and the intermittent (on demand) feature. That way I could turn it on and leave it when we were not trying to sleep. When we were in the boat I would turn it off. I cannot remember how I left it when we sold the boat. It is easy to change with a simple wire change on the pump.

The water you are getting in the front bildge is most likely condensation from the A/C. The condensation tube drains into the bildge. I had the same questions as to why water was getting into the bildge.

There are a couple of fixes for the situation. The hose from the pump to the outlet is very long. This water drains back into the bildge. The pump can get most of the water out, but when the water from the tube drains back, it looks like a lot of water. 1) You can put a back flow valve just above the pump. This would not allow the water from the tube to drain back into the bildge. 2) Get a self contained sump kit and install that in front of the pump. This sump kit would take water from the A/C and the shower without letting it in the bildge at all. Boat US / West Marine has a very small sump kit that will fit in the space. There is also a very flat shower/sink drain that will provide clearance for the shower drain (it is very tight).

I was going to put the sump in if we kept the boat. I think it is the best way to go as it eliminates all water going into the bildge.

I would also put a proper hacth in the step for access into this area. Again Boat Us / West Marine both have good access hatches that will fit in that area and accomodate the sump.

Sorry I was so long winded. That whole area botherd me with the water just going into the bildge.

Good thing Judy saw this thread. I have not been on the board for some time and will not be on much in the future. We are moving to China in August and will most likely not be visiting the board very often.

Good luck with the boat. Do you have any pictures of the old girl you can post ?

Take care

Kevin

Last edited by h2owarrior; 06-23-2005 at 10:32 PM.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:55 AM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

CHINA?
Old 06-24-2005, 06:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatfreak28
CHINA?
What he said.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:53 AM
Registered

Wood, I thought there was no wood in these babies. Replace it it with starboard if you're taking it out.
Old 06-25-2005, 02:32 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Kevin,
What's up with CHINA! You barely got yourself settled in! Is this a short term kinda thing? Tell me your not going to buy one of those "junky" China type boats with the long "stir stick" paddle!
Well, I suppose if you are going way over there, it must be worth it!
By the way, thank you for the in depth response regarding Thunder EnLightening.
Take care and GOOD LUCK on your venture!
Gary
Attached Thumbnails Hey Pat...'02 37AVH Question...-thunder2004sotw1.jpg  
Old 07-08-2005, 05:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BlownRat
Kevin,
What's up with CHINA! You barely got yourself settled in! Is this a short term kinda thing? Tell me your not going to buy one of those "junky" China type boats with the long "stir stick" paddle!
Well, I suppose if you are going way over there, it must be worth it!
By the way, thank you for the in depth response regarding Thunder EnLightening.
Take care and GOOD LUCK on your venture!
Gary
Not sure if Kevin will be back on the board soon so I thought I would speak up. Kevin got a promotion and will be moving to China to further his career. Congrats Kevin...if you see this.

Michael