Notices

700SCi 37AT

Old 12-27-2006, 08:20 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: my bimmer boyz.....

I don't think scoops are needed for more air flow.My whipples being efi don't need anymore than without whipples so what if there is any differance in the 700's other than a few doggys short of what i have,had to stir the pot alittle.Sorry ActiveShack.

Tapa11 BITE ME.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:25 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,209 Likes on 524 Posts

I guess, I am kind of describing starting with the design of the RadioActive hatch, and getting rid of the plexiglass, in favor of curving a nice vinyl sunpad down in its place.

Perhaps, as the hatch curves down at the rear, a hinged vinyl flap can lift up naturally with forward movement, and front-to-back air movement through the boat, and this would allow the 700s the additional air they need. Then, at rest, the flap is down, and you have a 'seamless' sunpad.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

37 AT with twin 7's is gonna be one bad azz mf. If it were me, there'd be no doubt I'd go with scoops to show that power off.

Cool factor of 10 with scoops, on a scale of 1-10 of course.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by crb76
Hatch for function. Scoops are good for race but cumbersome for pleasure especially if you like the ladies!!!
So you prefer scoops?
Old 12-27-2006, 08:32 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Is the 700 boat going to have a bolt on swim platform? I like the raised center hatch like the 675KE boats had, but the whole sunpad is hardly usable for all day rafting and relaxing. I know plenty of folks that make do with the scoops like the 720T boat for an all-day cockpit/rafting experience.

If it were my boat, I would go toward a hybrid effect. My suggestion would be to start a second level of the sunpad at the point where you already put in the seam and the main cross support. At this point, it is laid up fiberglass all the way to the back of the hatch, and it slopes off with a curve toward the transom and swim platform. The entire front of the second level would be vertical, or somewhat beveled down toward the cockpit/backseat, and in this front "face" there would be air intakes for the bigger motors.

Basically it would be a vinyl sunpad built over scoops, that would follow a natural curve down to the back of the boat, and it would be all covered in vinyl, and strong enough that you don't have to puss yfoot around. Unfortunately, its going to add some weight, but the RadioActive type hatch, while functional and pretty, looks a bit delicate, and throws off some of the sharp lines.

You asked.

Rich, do you have any pics of the custom hatch work on Don & Geri's boat? That's another idea.
The only pic i have doesn't show the pad very well but all it is is a raised hatch on a hatch that lets air at the back of it come in.Its all open on the back from side so side about 4'x5' raised on the pad.I'll see if i can get pics tomorrow.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

In my opinion Cig has done the best with their raised hatches. It is very functional. Here is the older version. With the AT you can keep the signature head rest just have the go strait back with a gradual or very slight drop until you get to the transom.
Attached Thumbnails 700SCi 37AT-13080_7%5B1%5D.jpg  

Last edited by crb76; 12-27-2006 at 08:39 PM.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by docmanrich37
Those bolt ons are alot higher than mine.I like the raised hatch instead of the scoops=less transom candy on the sun pad.
Rich, maybe you just need to get bigger bolt-ons?
Old 12-27-2006, 11:09 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,209 Likes on 524 Posts

Another idea, maybe go sans rear seat armrests, and make it a 4 passenger (skinny chics) rear seat. This would allow for 4 headrests, which could break nicely around the scoops.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:12 AM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Rich, maybe you just need to get bigger bolt-ons?
lol.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by crb76
In my opinion Cig has done the best with their raised hatches. It is very functional. Here is the older version. With the AT you can keep the signature head rest just have the go strait back with a gradual or very slight drop until you get to the transom.
First off all the boat is sharp, really like it. Second, allthough a pita and will not be ready for the PR in Jan. is a hatch like mentioned by Clark and Brian. Cig does a nice job in that retrospect, my hatch on Radio Active looked cool at the time, worked great, just wish I had a little more pad. Just my .02.

Quick Reply: 700SCi 37AT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.