Macklins new boat

Old 03-04-2007, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrat's on the new ride
Old 03-05-2007, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Going with the side entry cabin. I'm glad the deal fell through on the NorVA 37. That boat has center entry, which I thought I wanted until I rode in the side entry. Much more functional dash that will accommodate a nice GPS. And the cabin layout is better with the side. But that's just MHO.

Question for you guys....we originally chose the carbon fiber vinyl for the cockpit but are having second thoughts. I am the anal type and like to keep my depreciating assets looking like new. And we are going with mostly white. What's the scoop on this vinyl relative to holding dirt, etc?
Old 03-05-2007, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool i love the side entry cabin, with the side by side seating i can actually talk with my wife when we run.

never understood how you can see the gps well with it mounted in front of the passenger, i went from a larger screen in previous boats to smaller one that i mounted on a swivel arm. still not real happy with the screen size but since it is so clear it works pretty well. hooking up xm weather to it this summer which should be cool. thought it would be cool it you could tilt the screen of a dash mount toward the driver by building up the fiberglass, but with all the different gps model's that iam sure would not be practical.

are you leaving the boat mostly white, or thinking of leaving the vinyl now mostly white?

Last edited by yzbert; 03-05-2007 at 07:17 AM.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

"Question for you guys....we originally chose the carbon fiber vinyl for the cockpit but are having second thoughts. I am the anal type and like to keep my depreciating assets looking like new. And we are going with mostly white. What's the scoop on this vinyl relative to holding dirt, etc?"

I would personally go with carbon fiber. Its actually cleans easier than the old stuff. I use Grease Lightning to clean it...The new generation that Pat put in the demo 33 is even more durable. Also I would go with a two tone interior. If white is your main color accent it with another color like on the demo 33. The accent color on my boat or Marks boat really brings the interior to life. Resale will also be better with the carbon fiber since that it the standard for luxury in high performance boating interiors today.

There is also a new feaux sued vinyl that Donzi is using. Very nice, but I don’t know what the maintenance is like.

Clark
Attached Images   

Last edited by crb76; 03-05-2007 at 07:42 AM.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by yzbert
are you leaving the boat mostly white, or thinking of leaving the vinyl now mostly white?
A little bit of white on the boat and a lot of white on the vinyl. But there will be accent colors worked into the interior scheme to match the exterior.

Anybody else have an opinion or experience with the carbon fiber vinyl?
Old 03-05-2007, 12:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did my whole cockpit in it. It seems to be very durable stuff. I can't really tell you alot about it because of limited use of the boat so far. All the custom builders seem to be going to it. I agree with Clark that it appears to be the hot new thing so you probally want it for resale purposes later on.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:04 AM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Congrats Macklin! Can't wait to see your new ride! Looks like PQ is open and getting things going....talked to them yesterday(the factory phone actually works now) might make it a little easier to sell your vyper!
Old 03-06-2007, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Macklin
A little bit of white on the boat and a lot of white on the vinyl. But there will be accent colors worked into the interior scheme to match the exterior.

Anybody else have an opinion or experience with the carbon fiber vinyl?
I have carbon fiber for trim pieces. Have had absolutely no issues with it. I don't think it is harder to clean.

With that said, I would not use it for the entire surface. That is more of a personal preference issue though.

Here is a couple pics from the seats being made and one when finished. The logo on the engine hatch uses the gray and charcoal carbon fiber, but you really can't see it in the picture. The carbon fiber gives it nice accent.
Attached Thumbnails Macklins new boat-bolster4.jpg   Macklins new boat-bolster6.jpg   Macklins new boat-11-25-06-003.jpg  

Last edited by Mentalpause; 03-06-2007 at 06:34 PM.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:41 PM
Registered

I love the way those bolsters wrap around you. Are they any problem getting in or out of ??
Old 03-06-2007, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmic12
I love the way those bolsters wrap around you. Are they any problem getting in or out of ??
I changed the original straight arm rests out for the new wrap around ones. Here is a picture of the old straight ones.

They are a little harder to get into, but they hold you in much better. I like them better. The only time I think they will be less convenient is when you are turning around back and forth backing into a dock. They feel much more secure when you are running hard.
Attached Thumbnails Macklins new boat-bolster4.jpg  

Quick Reply: Macklins new boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.