Eggbeaters, anyone?

Notices

Eggbeaters, anyone?

Old 08-15-2007, 10:42 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,209 Likes on 524 Posts

Originally Posted by JUPITER PULSARE
You know what, the more I think about it....a new 33 A/T with and extended cockpit and a couple of the new Yamaha
350 V-8's would be a pretty cool south FL style boat!! Make it a mid cabin with an open bow and Pat, you would have one versatile people hauler/party barge!!!! I would imagine building the bowrider would not be that difficult........
Are you kidding me? An OPENBOW discussion in the AT forum. WAY too much Sunsation on the brain.

Active-Daycruiser-Boats.com; I can see it now.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think Verados sound very practical.

I am certainly getting sick of the very high cost of service because of twin engines buried in a tight engine compartment, to say nothing of the simply endless string of weak links due to putting car engine iron in a marine environment and hooking up through a problematic outdrive. Mercruiser may be the best on the market, but if your car had the same service needs as a mercruiser I/O, your car company would be ancient history.

The Verado package, designed from the beginning for its actual application, sure seems a winner. I've run Mercury 2-strokes to death over the decades, and while they were not reliable by today's car standards, they were never hard to isolate the problem or perform the fix. I am hoping that Verados will be more like today's expected reliability than we get from Mercruisers.

Also, getting the engines out of the boat for more room, and more safety -- fumes don't fill up the bilges, and a fire is outside the hull.

And when it comes time to replace the engines: about 4 bolts per side. I can't see a down side.

Speed? Get rid of some weight. Fuel costs are putting a big dent in the market and in the fun already. Might as well build boats that are fast and fun with 600 HP instead of requiring 1500. HP equals fuel flow, pure and simple.

And I can't see how the huge difference in rigging costs can't help drop the price and increase sales.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:41 AM
Registered

Open bows, eggbeaters , mid cabins, no dont do it the a/t is a true offshore top performer, dont beccme a sunny or a mid west style boat leave perfection alone.

thats my 2 cents
Old 08-15-2007, 02:38 PM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

Pat: Have you become a 'Born Again"
I love the fact (and you) that you are becoming practical with this O.B. idea.
When we get our age we start getting practicle and remebering the simpler past and things work just fine before being over complicated.
These four strokes are so reliable and tough. Clark and I can voulch for that!
No stinking bow-riders!!..ya know what they say..."It's a WHOLE nother world once you pass the jetties"
I would think you can enlarge(I love that word) the cockpit with out putting the rear bench or standups against the transom and use part of the old engine compartment as some type or combination of cool storage or bar or fish box/ice box coolers. One neat thing about the new 4-strokes not having the loud rumble and being so quite is you can sneak up on people with their loud I.B.s and kick their azz before they know what happened.
Doing all this at 1.6 to 2+ mpg mileage. So Sweeet!!
Any size from 28 up will work but still would like to see a center console with a cuddy.
A 37 would be a nice similar but smaller version of a Smith 42.

Last edited by chuckbeecher; 08-15-2007 at 02:47 PM.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:13 PM
Registered

I like the idea of the 33 with o/b's. But what do I know? I have to come here to find out what's going on!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-16-2007, 04:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What would my 96 run with twin 300 on it. Said it once I would be interested in a new 33 with outboards
Old 08-16-2007, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 32 Active Thunder
What would my 96 run with twin 300 on it. Said it once I would be interested in a new 33 with outboards
I take trades! Calll me or PM me a phone number if you want to talk anytime.

Pat
954-658-4972
Old 08-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Registered

As much as I hate clamp-ons I think a 33 with a huge cockpit would be interesting,but please leave the37 alone
Old 08-17-2007, 04:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll call you tomorrow Pat
Old 08-19-2007, 07:16 AM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

Pat, now I know were you guys came up with this vision.
I ran into your illegitimate brother Sullivan and that 38 of his is a nice conversion. And basic white made that thing look huge! Sort of like that mid 30 something Sunseeker with O.B.s.

Quick Reply: Eggbeaters, anyone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.