Notices

Thanks Mark

Old 07-17-2008, 11:45 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Mary Sue and myself would like to extend our very gracious thanks to Mark and Lori for hosting us at the Rivah Compound this weekend. We truly had a blast, and it would not have been so sans such logistics. Tom and Christine extend their thanks as well.

Getting home was uneventful for us as we are about an hour from Shack's, but that's when things hit the fan. One of our Schnauzers was starting to come down with something over the weekend, and now she's in the hospital with acute pancreatitus, and what appears to be a foreign body lodged in her GI. MS and I have been a hectic wreck all week trying to work and manage the hospital, the other Schnauzer, and everything else. I've put on over 600 miles this week back and forth to Northern VA for work (I was in a class) and to the hospital each night.

She's not out of the woods. She's probably going to have surgery in the next 24 hours or so, and we'll know more then.

I don't mean to bring the thread down, but I've been rather quiet (and tired) this week, and the stress/worry is a bit overwhelming.
We hope all goes well at the Vet. If it was Chester we would be in tears also.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:45 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Thanks everyone. "Bella" just had an ultrasound, and they are 90% sure she has something in her small intestine. She's going into surgery this afternoon. MS just went and saw her. They walked outside, and she was quite active compared to our visit yesterday. We'll know more in a few hours after surgery.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good luck with everything, our first bulldog fred got the entire end of a nylabone stuck in his intestines. doc said he had never seen a nylabone do that and he sent it back to the company. dog recovered very fast and was fine. bella will be in our thoughts.

scott and melinda
Old 07-17-2008, 02:33 PM
Registered

Brian- hope everything goes well with Bella and if I can help in any way, let me know. Thanks again for Jammin. I had a great time and enjoyed meeting all the AT crew.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Thanks again everyone. She is out of surgery now. They removed two "foreign objects" from her small intestine. They are not sure what they were, but we will try and figure that out when we go to see her tomorrow. There is no significant damage to her stomach or intestines. They do not want us to come see her tonight. She is in recovery now, and we can't wait to see her tomorrow afternoon. Providing all of the healing goes well, we could potentially bring her home Saturday.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:52 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Great news Brian & Mary Sue. Keep us posted and give her a chin scratch from us.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:50 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Bella came home yesterday. The foreign object appears to be an upholstery button, but we have no idea where it would have come from. She has a 4-6 week recovery, but she is resting well, and is slowly showing signs of her normal instigating self. Thank you everyone.

And Thank You again to Mark and Lori for a great JOTJ weekend.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Bella came home yesterday. The foreign object appears to be an upholstery button, but we have no idea where it would have come from. She has a 4-6 week recovery, but she is resting well, and is slowly showing signs of her normal instigating self. Thank you everyone.

And Thank You again to Mark and Lori for a great JOTJ weekend.
Glad she's ok guys.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:27 AM
Registered

mark i got my glasses and the mock-up the other day thanks!