Notices

Demo Run

Old 09-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 883 Likes on 479 Posts

Coffin dash..... actually had to go look at pics and yep it looks like a coffin lining although I didn't think that until it was pointed out by Jeff.

Boat is the best bang for the buck on the market today, wish I had the 200K to build one...
Old 09-21-2009, 08:41 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
You only need a padded dash if you buy a boat that you expect to throw you into it.
well said, i like my dash at WOT, can see everything perfect.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

never had any troubles reading gauges.. Just feel it would give the boat a cleaner more thought out look..

maybe I will have the first...

Just thinking out loud.. by all means not trying to be critical, just an idea.
Attached Thumbnails Demo Run-cigarette-009-large-.jpg  
Old 09-21-2009, 10:54 PM
Registered

Received 1,317 Likes on 735 Posts

Originally Posted by customryder
never had any troubles reading gauges.. Just feel it would give the boat a cleaner more thought out look..

I always wondered, isn't it hard to see the port side gauges?
Not being a smart ass here.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:43 PM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I always wondered, isn't it hard to see the port side gauges?
Not being a smart ass here.
Those are for the passengers benefit and to keep them from asking so many STUPID DAMN questions.
and those sticks things are for the passengers cap to hang on and not blow off.

Last edited by chuckbeecher; 09-21-2009 at 11:56 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:53 PM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

Direct answer to your question, yes it is the boost. You can play with pulleys and fueling and pressures all day long on almost ANY of the supercharger systems.

While the 525EFI and the 600SCi can be very close in output on a cool crisp, non-humid October day, the 600SCi IS a superior engine. Virtually, the only difference between the 600SCi and 700SCi (from the flywheel forward) is computer changes, cooling changes & supercharger tweaking.

The 600SCi has torque management which saves the B1XR drive. The 525EFI does not have this torque managment, and the 700SCi does not worry about it as much since it has the NXT drive.

(The torque management programming in the computer only pours on enough torque to get the boat on plane. This keeps you from slamming all the available torque into the gears of the B1XR and ripping them to pieces. When you are up in the RPM band, the engine is unrestricted. The Whipple/aftermarket setups to not have this capability. This is also the same capability that GM used in their trucks with the 496/8.1L gas engine. When they mated the 8.1L with the ZF 6spd. manual and Allison 5spd automatic transmissions in the 2500/3500-HD trucks, the 8.1L was un-restricted in 0mph+ acceleration. When they mated the 8.1L with the M32/4L80E 4spd Auto. transmission in the 2500 Avalanche/2500 Suburban, they managed the torque output (roughly 70%) so as to not rip the transmission or other driveline parts out when accelerating from a dead stop. Once the truck is moving & up shifting, the torque is released.)

Hence, JeffC per your specific wants out of the boat...

My recommendation would be to go with the 600SCi/B1XR package. It is proven to be at least 5-6mph faster than a comparably equipped 525EFI/B1XR in the 37 Active Thunder application.

UNLESS, you want to go with the 725 Ilmor/Indy drive package. Then we are into a whole new ballgame & AT is eager step up the plate.
"proven to be at least 5-6mph faster than a comparably equipped 525EFI/B1XR in the 37 Active Thunder application"
so how many 600 A.T.s have been built besides Geralds staggered?
Old 09-22-2009, 06:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by activemike
well said, i like my dash at WOT, can see everything perfect.
Ditto, all right in front of you, dont change a thing, if it aint broke dont fix it. lol
Old 09-22-2009, 07:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by customryder

Looks more like a carnival ride than a dash, but that's just my opinion.

Love my dash.
Attached Thumbnails Demo Run-dashaft.jpg  
Old 09-22-2009, 07:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

You only need a padded dash if you buy a boat that you expect to throw you into it.
That's the latest trend.. Look at the 40 roadster from Nor-Tech or the 41 and 44 V from OL. It is a nice way to soften some of the fiberglass, and bring some of the car influences into the boating market. Material design on the seats are another good example of automotive influences..like Bently pleats as an example. I personally like it... look for it more in the near future from the major players in the boating market. Jeff
Old 09-22-2009, 07:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

as to the dash comments... theirs a seat for every boater. Personally, my favorite dash is the new 44 OL. Here's why... I like the side by side bolsters.. but only in a boat that has 6' plus headroom when walking down in. Now.. this is impossible to have in a 37' boat without a good looking deck like the A.T. has. So I would opt for separate bolsters ... but take a look what OL did. The cabin door is off center, allowing for another strategically bank of placed gauges that compliment the look by not only different materials and in color, but also in function. The dash is the perfect size to accompany all the gauges, doesn't looked squashed like the 37, and can be painted or catered to the individual.

Here's the deal.. We want what we want.. but are we willing to pay for it. No other boat co. offers what AT does for the coin. For 200k, limited time only (2002-2003 price's) recession prices to keep workers going, will you find a better built, better riding V-hull. The latest renderings from the factory are vastly improved from the earlier versions.. I was impressed in 03 when I took delivery of Radio Active, and now with more knowledge and boating experience in hand.... what has come out of the factory is a superior product for the same price.. Good Luck guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.