Leaking power steering fluid.....help

Notices

Leaking power steering fluid.....help

Old 04-08-2012, 07:21 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sleev-les
Where did you move to? Still up in PA?? My bday falls on a Saturday this year (21 July) and am going to try and get some locals (or fairly local lol) to raft up at Dobbins Island.... I know we were tryin' to get some of the fellow Tantrum owners to meet up last year
Still in Malvern, Pa. Dobbins sounds good, keep me posted.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have been messing with the same piece all weekend. It is e "relief valve" for the zero fitting.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boat is going to MDG Performance on Saturday for full hydraulic upgrade and carb tuning....
Old 04-09-2012, 09:56 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

You will love the solid feeling with this upgrade Scott!
Old 04-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by R Addiction
You will love the solid feeling with this upgrade Scott!
Aside from cost, I'm pretty psyched about the upgrade.. Im def more than ready for the summer
Old 04-09-2012, 05:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Aside from cost, I'm pretty psyched about the upgrade.. Im def more than ready for the summer
Forget the cost... It is a big safety upgrade! Especially with big power.

How bad does the engine roll at idle? I doubt you will get all of it out. It's a characteristic of carbs on big blowers... Rich-lean roll. Real pain in the ass to get it in gear. Some guys disable neutral safety switches and just start it in gear like it was a crash box.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:09 PM
Registered

I love that sound although I have never had to deal with it. Is it a pian to operate? Are we talking about a high surge then it almost shuts off?
Old 04-09-2012, 08:03 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Just drop it in gear when the idle goes low.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by REMEDY
Forget the cost... It is a big safety upgrade! Especially with big power.

How bad does the engine roll at idle? I doubt you will get all of it out. It's a characteristic of carbs on big blowers... Rich-lean roll. Real pain in the ass to get it in gear. Some guys disable neutral safety switches and just start it in gear like it was a crash box.
Originally Posted by My Addiction
I love that sound although I have never had to deal with it. Is it a pian to operate? Are we talking about a high surge then it almost shuts off?
Originally Posted by R Addiction
Just drop it in gear when the idle goes low.
It rolls to the point of almost dying. It has stalled on me when shifting into gear at the low point of the roll. If I leave a little throttle to it after the engine is warm and been running a while, it smooths out and is still under 900 rpm. Its not hard to operate otherwise. Im just not a carb guy and I figured I'd let Dave take a look at it and see if he can correct some of it.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:34 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

It rolls to the point of almost dying. It has stalled on me when shifting into gear at the low point of the roll. If I leave a little throttle to it after the engine is warm and been running a while, it smooths out and is still under 900 rpm. Its not hard to operate otherwise. Im just not a carb guy and I figured I'd let Dave take a look at it and see if he can correct some of it.
It also helps if you have a locked out distributor and control the timing with a programmable ignition box. Such as a digital msd 6. If you have any mechanical advance in the distributor it will aggrevate the problem. With a digital box you can also put a boost retard curve in with a map sensor and run more boost... more power!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.