Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Active Thunder
What besides AT??? >

What besides AT???

Notices

What besides AT???

Old 11-27-2012, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I saw I think a 32 for sale on the way to down to key west 2 weeks ago...didn't get a price on it.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:26 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo rr
I saw I think a 32 for sale on the way to down to key west 2 weeks ago...didn't get a price on it.
Twas probably the (very rare) triple 37Offshore straightbottom. If it was sitting on a trailer off the side of Rt.1, that's it.

It's for sale on the web somewhere. You can get a good deal on it.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:33 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

33 remedy, look that boat up. That's pure AT at its finest I have many hours on the boat from original owner and current. Boat is untouchable in all honesty
Old 11-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Please don't take this as any kind of correction but most of the old V-bottoms are pretty much the same. The 32 AT and the 33 PP as well. The PP measures 32' and the AT measure 31'6". All boat builders lie about the length. Sorry, but it's the truth. Tell me you've never lied about size.....

Both my boats and Dan's boats had long, straight keels with wider lifting strakes in approximately the same place. If you can get Steve Koss to way in he would explain better.

Why do the handle well and fly so level? Go to your local "rack and stack" and walk under the boats and look up.

Where do the inner lifting strakes end?

A 45' Sonic ends where a 33 Sonics end. Same with Cig and so on and on. But only on the Vees. They stretched the boats but not the lifting strakes (aka WING). Good reason why the porpoise and nose dive all over the place. They have no lift!

Simple reason any good ol' 32 AT or 33 PP will run better with the big boys! We fly level and true.

BTW, before I bought AT I had a 30 Sonic SS and spent time at PP discussing a new 33. But I am 6-1 and slightly larger than Weinstein and just didn't fit. Hence the last 20 years building the ATs.

Done rambling......

B-I., don't give up!
Was the 32 derived from the Cobra, as I believe the PP was? Or are you saying the design principles for both are just similar and ride well?

My 28 flies level, but due to being extremely light and a single it doesn't have the kind of ride a 33 or 32 does. But I love the predictability of the hull, it is like driving a ski boat as far as ease, no tabs needed to get on plane or launch and land flat. Adding in the length and mass of the bigger boats make them pretty great rides for the size in my opinion.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 4,285 Likes on 1,236 Posts
Thumbs up Thanx for the answer

Makes sense! I forgot about the step, I~m sure that makes a good speed increase. Doing 90mph on stock power is awesome! Mike you lucky dog!
Old 11-27-2012, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rlj676
Was the 32 derived from the Cobra, as I believe the PP was? Or are you saying the design principles for both are just similar and ride well?

My 28 flies level, but due to being extremely light and a single it doesn't have the kind of ride a 33 or 32 does. But I love the predictability of the hull, it is like driving a ski boat as far as ease, no tabs needed to get on plane or launch and land flat. Adding in the length and mass of the bigger boats make them pretty great rides for the size in my opinion.
I was wondering about where the 32 was derived from also? Is the beam 8' also?

Also how does the 28 ride compared to a 28 pantera? Similar?
Old 11-27-2012, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Summons sent to Steve1.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Please don't take this as any kind of correction but most of the old V-bottoms are pretty much the same. The 32 AT and the 33 PP as well. The PP measures 32' and the AT measure 31'6". All boat builders lie about the length. Sorry, but it's the truth. Tell me you've never lied about size.....

Both my boats and Dan's boats had long, straight keels with wider lifting strakes in approximately the same place. If you can get Steve Koss to way in he would explain better.

Why do the handle well and fly so level? Go to your local "rack and stack" and walk under the boats and look up.

Where do the inner lifting strakes end?

A 45' Sonic ends where a 33 Sonics end. Same with Cig and so on and on. But only on the Vees. They stretched the boats but not the lifting strakes (aka WING). Good reason why the porpoise and nose dive all over the place. They have no lift!

Simple reason any good ol' 32 AT or 33 PP will run better with the big boys! We fly level and true.

BTW, before I bought AT I had a 30 Sonic SS and spent time at PP discussing a new 33. But I am 6-1 and slightly larger than Weinstein and just didn't fit. Hence the last 20 years building the ATs.

Done rambling......

B-I., don't give up!
No worries. If my mind was as fast as I type I would've said they are similar but not identical. Where did the AT come from? I know the PP derived from the Cobra and at one time someone mentioned the AT and Sonic came from Coyote.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo rr
I was wondering about where the 32 was derived from also? Is the beam 8' also?

Also how does the 28 ride compared to a 28 pantera? Similar?
Haven't been in a Pantera, but I would assume that is the best comparison.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:05 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
...and at one time someone mentioned the AT and Sonic came from Coyote.
Sonic and Coyote, yes.

AT no. I won't say, but think of a numeral; MANY, MANY moons ago (long before Active Thunder came to be) when a 25'-ish boat was a monster. No current comparison.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 11-27-2012 at 09:07 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.