Stupid question. >

Stupid question.

Notices

Stupid question.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MIskier
That warning is there due to the step bottom design and the fact that most people do not understand how to properly handle them at speed in a turn. The reduction in wetted surface and the aeration of the inside prop and skeg on a step bottom boat in a turn is what leds to people spinning them. Hardly 'best guess' design...more nature of the beast. Same as that it is the nature of the beast that your 'Bu is going to ride like chit in even a mild chop.
I guess you don't know who you are talking to, or what is really being said without saying it... best guess, new to the AT forum.

I will let an expert or some one with experience in a DDC hull explain.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by My Addiction
I guess you don't know who you are talking to, or what is really being said without saying it... best guess, new to the AT forum.

so glad you said that . i was dying to
Old 05-01-2013, 06:19 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

That warning is there due to the step bottom design and the fact that most people do not understand how to properly handle them at speed in a turn. The reduction in wetted surface and the aeration of the inside prop and skeg on a step bottom boat in a turn is what leds to people spinning them. Hardly 'best guess' design...more nature of the beast. Same as that it is the nature of the beast that your 'Bu is going to ride like chit in even a mild chop.
I sure appreciate that insight. Thanks!
Old 05-01-2013, 06:25 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

C'mon man...no love for my "We're Number Two!" idea? I'm thinking of having shirts made up! They will be brown.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
C'mon man...no love for my "We're Number Two!" idea? I'm thinking of having shirts made up! They will be brown.
I like the idea but am thinking #2 and the brown shirt is what you should be wearing when you get spit out of your boat when your #1 is all in the name and not the design.

Thoughts?
Old 05-01-2013, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by My Addiction

Nope dont know AT, but I do know stepped hulls...my speciality in school was high speed hydrodynamics...and if that hull was a cig from the 90'-2004 it was a Mike Peters hull, hardly a designer known for 'best guess' engineering.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
I like the idea but am thinking #2 and the brown shirt is what you should be wearing when you get spit out of your boat when your #1 is all in the name and not the design.

Thoughts?
Only one...instead of a brown shirt, that scenario would likely be better represented with brown SHORTS.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Registered

Nope dont know AT, but I do know stepped hulls...my speciality in school was high speed hydrodynamics...and if that hull was a cig from the 90'-2004 it was a Mike Peters hull, hardly a designer known for 'best guess' engineering.
That hull has put a lot of people in the drink including close friends of mine.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

#1 is a marketing gimmick, but they do look sexy. Quit letting stupid people buy them and the accident rate drops.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just drop the tab on the side thats the direction i want to turn and hammer down......like an E-brake turn in a car

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.