Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Active Thunder
Thunder Run info >

Thunder Run info

Notices

Thunder Run info

Old 09-24-2002, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is what we have so far.....We are going to make reservations at the Sands Harbor Inn in Pompano for Thursday night. It is right next to the 14th street causway ramp. They also have slips for everyone to keep there boats at the hotel, so we can launch a bunch of boat on Thursday. This hotel is right by the intercostal so it is convienent for our Friday departure to Key Largo. Todd and Tracy, let me know if you are still heading down to Miami on Thursday or if you want me to get a room for you, or if anyone else is going to make plans to stay somewhere else. We are planning on leaving for Key Largo from Pompano on Friday around 10 or 11. I understand that it is about a 2 hour ride to Key Largo, so that should get us in to the hotel at 1 or so. I am pretty sure that we can leave our rigs at the 14th street ramp and someone from AT can put the money in the machines to keep the the ramp police off our trucks. I will keep you posted.... Here is what I got for Thurs night:

shane- 1 room
dan-1 room
bob smallwood-1 room
Jeff- 3 rooms
Kevin and judy-2 rooms
mike petrone-2 rooms
big al- 1 room
John t.-1 room
todd and tracy-1 room????
Old 09-24-2002, 09:53 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Dan,

My only concern with staying in Pompano on Thursday nightn is what if the water is nasty on Friday. Makes for a not so fun ride down to Miami which is a30-45 min away. Key largo would be about 2 1/2 hours from Pompano. This is just my 2 cents worth.

I've already made reservations at Sealine Marina and the Miami Biscayne Bay Mariott. So I was thinking if You guys leave at around 10:00 from Pompano then we should all meet up in the turning basin in Miami and head down from there.

I think there were some others that might be staying in Miami as well.

Todd
Old 09-24-2002, 11:14 AM
Registered

Everyone who needs a room in Pompano for Thurs. please call the hotel direct at 1-800-227-3353, and ask for RJ. We need to give him our credit card numbers to book the rooms. Please post here once you have reserved your room so we can keep track of who we need to contact.

Thanks

Dan
Old 09-24-2002, 11:18 AM
Registered

Todd,

I understand about the possibility of it getting nasty. If you have the phone numbers maybe you can post them in case anyone wants to go to Miami on Thursday as well. I think if the water is nasty then we also may trailer to Miami and put in there as well. If we do boat from Pompano maybe we can all met up on Friday an run to Largo together or just met in Largo, whatever is decieded.
Old 09-24-2002, 11:27 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Dan,

Regardless of where everyone stays Thursday night we should all run down to Key Largo together. We could make a point of gathering at the Miami Beach Marina or the turning basin at 11:00. We can figure this out.

I'm recommending this based on the way the Florida Powerboat Club gets everyone together.

Love to hear everyone's input on this.

Todd
Old 09-24-2002, 11:29 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

These are the numbers for the Mariott and Sealine Marina...

MIAMI BISCAYNE BAY
1633 NORTH BAYSHORE DRIVE
MIAMI, FL 33132
tel: 305-374-3900
fax: 305-375-0597

Sealine Marina

305-377-3625

The Mariott is right next to the marina. You just walk up the docks and your there.
Old 09-24-2002, 11:52 AM
Registered

That sounds like a great plan to met at the marina on Friday so we can all go down together. When are you planning on getting into Miami? Are you trailering to Miami and then launching, or are you launching in Pompano earlier in the week???
Old 09-24-2002, 12:01 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Dan,

We'll be in the water on Thursday. It just depends on the water whether we'll be launching from 14th St ramp or goign down to Miami and launching at Haulover. One thing to remember is that the coean could be great on the day we leave but could be very rough on the day we get back and if we leave our truck and trailer in Pompano then you'l have to boat all the way back up there or stop in Miami and have someone take you back up to get your rig. So that being said, more than likely we'll be trailering down to Haulover and launching there. But at this time not 100% sure.

But for sure we'll be in the water on Thursday the 10th.

Todd
Old 09-24-2002, 12:30 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Tracy wanted me to let everyone know that from Miami down to Key Largo we will be boating on the inside route...thru Biscayne Bay and the mangrove channels. Its a beautiful run. We have been talking about what happens if the ocean is rough but even if it is it won't matter to any of us since the inside is always smoother.
Old 09-24-2002, 04:14 PM
FlashptA10

Default Thunder Run 2002

My wife Candy and I will be joining the group in Biscayne bay and will run from there to Key Largo. We have the 22' active thunder center console bay boat with the 300 hp wasp engine and the PSI surface drive. The boat should have graphics on it by the time the run happens (white boat with red & yellow graphics) Also has BoatsnBabes.com on the side gunnels. What VHF channel?

Kevin & Candy

Quick Reply: Thunder Run info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.