Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Active Thunder
Thunder Run info >

Thunder Run info

Notices

Thunder Run info

Old 09-25-2002, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

As far as the departure point, yes it could get a little rough. Obviously the two 22s will probably leave from the south. Unless there is a hurricane, though, the ride from Miami is at worse an hour and some throttling.

If it were an inside trip down and back then we would have a little longer ride but we are ahead of manatee season so the inside is a 25 or 30 mph (yeah, right) zone. This is not Lake Michigan so we do have a clue as to what may happen long before it ever does. However the time frame between Friday and Sunday is a little outside this scope.

Roll the dice and see what happens. We are outside "tourist season" and rooms are plenty.

We have a chopper lined up for Friday doing a video and stills. Therefore we do need some type of organization.

Call and voice your opinions or concerns.
Old 09-25-2002, 06:14 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pat,

after taking Tracy out in some pretty nasty stuff this summer in Lake Mich and her getting the sh!t kicked out ofn her, I am definatly not taking a chance with the ocean.(Don't get me wrong here, Tracy loves getting some big air and going fast as much as I do...it's just that I promised her a really nice comfortable ride that weekend). So Tracy and I will be launching at Haulover on Thursday and we will be staying at the Key Biscayne Mariott.

If the people that spend Thurs night in Pompano depart by 10 am Fri morning, then we could plan on meeting up at the Miami Beach Marina at 11 am. We could plan for an 11:30 departure from there and head out thru Biscayne Bay.

I would suggest that the helicopter take their shots while we're in Biscayne Bay (unless its rough and you want some good air shots on the way to Miami).

Another option is to have lunch at Monty's then head out for Key Largo.

These are just my suggestions....everyones input is welcomed.

Todd

Last edited by ActiveThunderTodd; 09-25-2002 at 06:17 PM.
Old 09-25-2002, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

The chopper is lined up for Government Cut down, which is where you are staying.

Now if you just get off that wallet Tracy would have a much smoother ride.
Old 09-25-2002, 07:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Our room is reserved for the Sands Harbor Inn in Pompano. We will be arriving in FT Laud @ 11. PM, weds evening, with drinks in hand and ready to party at that moment, so whom ever is ready lets party. ...And when we get up on Thursday around 10am, we will be ready to party with Dano and his lovely wife (I'll have a Coke please) as soon as they get off their plane. Its going to be a great weekend, looking forward to it.
Old 09-25-2002, 07:42 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

We will probably be in Pompano by Wed night as well. Maybe we should make dinner plans for that night.
Old 09-25-2002, 07:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Todd, we dont get off the plane till 11pm, by the time we get our luggage and try to find the hotel it will be midnight. NOW, a midnight cap to wash down the delicious plane food might be a thought Just let us know, thanks JJ
Old 09-25-2002, 08:13 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I'm sorry....I read that as 11am...we'll probably be IN BED sleeping or SOMETHING at that time

We'll just see you in the morning!! <<<(with smiles on our faces)
Old 09-25-2002, 09:56 PM
Registered

So, Pat, did I read your post correctly? We are planning on running in the ocean from Miami down to Key Largo and not through the inside? We may have a 37 foot boat, but have taken it out all of twice! I am with Tracy on this one.....be sure to have my "OH S&!T" handle firmly in place before we leave, OK

Just curious as to when we are planning on returning on Sunday. Any ideas. Also, any input as to where we can put the boats on Sunday night? I'm sure we will have ours back on the trailer by then (since H20 Warrior loves the salt water so much ) and ready to head out north on Monday am.

Todd and Tracy
Are you guys headed back north on Monday am? If you want to trailer back together, let us know. We will probably drive to Chatanooga, TN on monday. Anyone else headed back that route on the same day is welcome to caravan with us. Had planned on caravanning (?sp) down on Wednesday from there, but our plans have changed somewhat.

Tbikini
Old 09-26-2002, 03:32 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

TBikini, No...what Pat is saying is....you'll run the ocean from Pompano to Miami and then we'll all take the inside to Key Largo. That will take us through Biscayne Bay and the mangrove channels. It's a beautiful ride down!!

We actually have reservations through Tues. in Key Largo, so we won't be heading home until mid week.
Old 09-26-2002, 06:30 AM
Registered

Tibikini,

Also if we wake up in Pompano on Friday morning and it is too nasty to run on the outside to Miami, we can also pull the boats out and trailer down to Miami.

Quick Reply: Thunder Run info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.