looking at a 32` >

looking at a 32`

Notices

looking at a 32`

Old 06-13-2016, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by safeandsound
What drives are you running? Ext boxes, shorties? Just curious as I'm getting ready to put a 97 32 back in the water with 550 each side running -3 Ext boxes and -2 imco shorties on XRs. I'm starting with P5 31's turned down to 30s- sounds like you may have a similar setup. If 88mph is in my future I'll be pretty damn happy.
Is the 32 you refer to the blue one currently listed in the classifieds? Looks like that one has boxes and imco lowers but the pics are small. Curious as to how it runs..?
Old 06-14-2016, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ToMorrow44
Is the 32 you refer to the blue one currently listed in the classifieds? Looks like that one has boxes and imco lowers but the pics are small. Curious as to how it runs..?
No- I was referring to the person that runs 88 on theirs. I'm building one now that should be done soon and was just looking for something to compare it to.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
No wood in the hull construction, so no rot to worry about. But I would have it both inspected and compression & leak down tested.
How many hours on motors? Have the valve springs been replaced?

That's a great boat overall.
When did AT remove wood from the hull construction. When wood transom and stringers need to be replaced, can these boats be somehow converted over to use no wood? (what is used in place of wood)?
Old 07-07-2016, 10:16 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

1997-ish was when Pat cut over to no wood. It's Divinycell foam in place of wood that is used. Your best bet is to run the exact boat you are looking at by Pat directly, and he can answer better.
Old 07-08-2016, 10:36 AM
Registered

This is probably a silly idea, but some times these work out

If I could open the fiberglass on the top of the transom and drill out the rotted wood sandwiched between the fiberglass, would it be possible to shoot some divinycell into the transom where the wood was and get an extremely sturdy transom out of the deal. I suspect I would need to re-fiberglass the top of the transom except for a small hole to insert the foam into. I am viewing this much like the insulation in a can where it expands to fill gaps. If this works and it was substantially cheaper and/or better than the alternative of cutting off the back of the boat and rebuilding it, there might be a sizable market for this in the boating industry.

Anyone tried this?
Old 07-09-2016, 05:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by scottgjerdingen

If I could open the fiberglass on the top of the transom and drill out the rotted wood sandwiched between the fiberglass, would it be possible to shoot some divinycell into the transom where the wood was and get an extremely sturdy transom out of the deal. I suspect I would need to re-fiberglass the top of the transom except for a small hole to insert the foam into. I am viewing this much like the insulation in a can where it expands to fill gaps. If this works and it was substantially cheaper and/or better than the alternative of cutting off the back of the boat and rebuilding it, there might be a sizable market for this in the boating industry.

Anyone tried this?
Amazing no one ever tried this let us know how it works out!
Old 07-09-2016, 08:06 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by scottgjerdingen

Anyone tried this?
There are pourable transom kit usually made from ceramic /epoxy/fiber stuff..... good for a single engine fishing boat not sure I would want a lot of flexing stress on it.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:51 PM
Registered

no boxes just bravo lwps spinning 30 b1s but my boat went over 90 when pat built it back in 2000 i would consider selling it as i dont use it near as much last few years but had it out over the 4th weekend still runs like new and 87 88 on gps boat has alot of extras done to it when built and i must say it is bad ass