Like Tree5Likes

Fastest 37??

Reply

Old 10-23-2017, 07:52 PM
  #11
Forum Regulator
VIP Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Sydwayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Worldwide
My Boat: 17' Speedliner Cat & O.P.B.
Posts: 22,106
Default

Originally Posted by t500hps View Post
Do you know what "Whatever" ran when Stan owned it? Over 100 but I don't know by how much. I know John had to put the step back like it was originally to get it to run well with stock 500 back in it.
Stan had 800s in "Whatever" many years back. At the kind of speeds it was running, (95+), it was lifting the transom out of the water. As such, the step was beveled off to allow the transom to stay planted. Pat and Stan were doing the beveling with a belt sander and testing it in the intercoastal in the pouring rain in the vicinity of the 14th Street Ramp.

John squared the step back off to it's original configuration with the HP500 carbs back in the boat.
Sydwayz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 07:49 AM
  #12
Registered
iTrader: (4)
 
Rookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
My Boat: 30 Scarab Panther, 37 Active Thunder, 34 Wellcraft Gran Sport
Posts: 3,900
Default

Originally Posted by 302Sport View Post
Rookie and boatfreak seem to have some insider info!! What do you guys know that we don't??
No inside info here. I think I have the last 37 straight bottom boat. So 8-71's are a less expensive option for more speed than putting a step in my boat.
Rookie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 06:19 PM
  #13
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Paducah KY KY Lake
My Boat: 39 Lip-Ship Cigarette 700 Zuls
Posts: 3,812
Default

Originally Posted by 302Sport View Post
LOL I know about the 112 claim but didn't really take it seriously. I heard the whippled 525 boats ran around 105-106mph, I thought I read awhile back that Laszlo was in that range or higher.

What were the best props on the higher HP boats??
correct... the first owner claimed 112 i never seen that.
customryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:26 PM
  #14
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Rockwood MI. Kalkaska MI. Sopron Hungary.
My Boat: 37 Active Thunder / Arneson, 28 Apache CC
Posts: 1,553
Default

Originally Posted by 302Sport View Post
LOL I know about the 112 claim but didn't really take it seriously. I heard the whippled 525 boats ran around 105-106mph, I thought I read awhile back that Laszlo was in that range or higher.

What were the best props on the higher HP boats??
Sorry do not get on here much any more. But yes you are correct we had 107 as our best with the old set-up and ran very well once we had the props dialed in. Will keep you posted on the new speeds this summer.
laszlo01 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 06:56 PM
  #15
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Plainville/Old Lyme, CT Boca Raton, FL
My Boat: 47 Turbine Nortech Supercat / 37 Active thunder 700/NXT / 40 Intrepid Trip 350 Yammy's
Posts: 5,494
Default

Originally Posted by laszlo01 View Post
Sorry do not get on here much any more. But yes you are correct we had 107 as our best with the old set-up and ran very well once we had the props dialed in. Will keep you posted on the new speeds this summer.
What power and props was the 107mph run with??
302Sport is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:55 AM
  #16
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Rockwood MI. Kalkaska MI. Sopron Hungary.
My Boat: 37 Active Thunder / Arneson, 28 Apache CC
Posts: 1,553
Default

Originally Posted by 302Sport View Post


What power and props was the 107mph run with??
Kustom marine whipple 525's and 5 blade maximus props dialed in by BBlades
laszlo01 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:15 AM
  #17
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
iTrader: (5)
 
F-2 Speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest & T-Rock
Posts: 4,884
Default

Originally Posted by laszlo01 View Post
Kustom marine whipple 525's and 5 blade maximus props dialed in by BBlades
What does this boat weigh ? is it a step hull
F-2 Speedy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 01:05 PM
  #18
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member
 
Griff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Omaha
My Boat: .......32............. ............Active Thunder....
Posts: 16,121
Default

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy View Post
What does this boat weigh ? is it a step hull
See post #32 for pics https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/...-thread-2.html
Single stepped. Weight will be in the +/- 9800lb range as are most 37AVH's
Griff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 01:18 PM
  #19
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
iTrader: (5)
 
F-2 Speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest & T-Rock
Posts: 4,884
Default

Originally Posted by Griff View Post
See post #32 for pics https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/...-thread-2.html
Single stepped. Weight will be in the +/- 9800lb range as are most 37AVH's
Just trying to gauge speed of mine, when I whipple it.......that 37 is 2k heavier than mine........
F-2 Speedy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 01:24 AM
  #20
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member
 
Griff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Omaha
My Boat: .......32............. ............Active Thunder....
Posts: 16,121
Default

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy View Post
Just trying to gauge speed of mine, when I whipple it.......that 37 is 2k heavier than mine........
You'll be crazy fast if you can keep it stable and not break the drives, I'd guess 110+
Griff is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser