2nd Maiden Voyage

Notices

2nd Maiden Voyage

Old 11-17-2018, 01:51 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie
Getting it dialed in. Mismatched 26" Bravo 1's (round tip and sharp tipped) at 5600-5700 RPM, flat water on Lake Michigan. Need to step up to 28's and might have a line on them to try..Remember this is a non-stepped straight bottom with 454's. Yesterday was a good HP day.

Griff, I didn't forget about the gauge swap. Looks like it might be a winter project for us.
I'm actually getting a pair from Sick Stinger. You can still have mine. I have no use for them and they haven't been hooked up since about 1999, so I'm not sure if they work. If you've got some senders for the 60psi ones, that would be great.
Old 11-18-2018, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
I'm actually getting a pair from Sick Stinger. You can still have mine. I have no use for them and they haven't been hooked up since about 1999, so I'm not sure if they work. If you've got some senders for the 60psi ones, that would be great.
Great! I'll head to the shop this week and try to dig up the senders.
​​​​​​​Thanks
Old 02-21-2019, 05:55 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Rookie,

Did you ever end up tearing the boat down for paint etc?
I boat from holland as well will have to keep my eyes open
Old 02-21-2019, 09:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rossman
Rookie,

Did you ever end up tearing the boat down for paint etc?
I boat from holland as well will have to keep my eyes open
No, keeping the boat together this winter. Building engines to put back in my Panther and get that ready to sell this spring, also fixing up my cruiser to sell and going to start on a couple of car projects that have been on hold for too many years.
Definitely need to meet up this summer. I'm out every weekend on one of my boats, usually go out of GH,
Old 04-10-2019, 08:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
Griff, when you get the gauges installed. Let me know how the senders work. I'm going MPFI and will need to get senders for my EFI fuel gauges.
Thanks
Old 04-13-2019, 12:53 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie
Griff, when you get the gauges installed. Let me know how the senders work. I'm going MPFI and will need to get senders for my EFI fuel gauges.
Thanks
Going to be more difficult than I thought to connect the senders. The schrader valve on the fuel rail is too close to the upper manifold for them to connect directly to the rail. I will have to find some sort of extension/adapter. I tried to test them but probably wasn't getting a good enough ground to get them to work.